P99 Titanium Slide - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #1

Hi,
I am currently in the EU (sort of) and am after a P99 Titanium slide ONLY. I want to mount this slide onto my airsoft P99 replica. As I am in the EU we tend not to be able to purchase firearms. My enquiries to various online retailers in the USA have proved fruitless, and I was wondering if anyone using these forums could help me track down a retailer who would be able to provide me with a silver P99 slide? Cost? Any restrcition on export to an EU nation from the USA?
Do hope you can help...
Thanks.
Register
Old 10-03-2003, 06:25 AM   #2

E.T. Unproven
Speaking as a Belgian citizen, I very much doubt that you will be able to import a P99 slide. All major gun parts subject to proofhouse marking (slide, receiver and barrel) are restricted items, only available for gun owners with a valid gun permit for the corresponding type of (hand)gun. Moreover, sales of these (imported) parts are only allowed through licensed gun shops.

Do not try to slip it through customs by having it send to you by mail because it won't pass and you will be prosecuted for a criminal offence.

As you do not have a 'real' P99, nor the gun permit, I guess you can forget about it. Sorry for the bad news

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:58 AM   #3

Hi,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to find a way of coating my airsoft slide with silver paint instead.
As for being prosecuted, well possesion of any real component of a firearm can lead to 5 - 10 years behind bars here. If the politicians have their way, replicas will be banned too.
I've decided to drop my quest for a silver slide... anyone know of a decent paint that will give the right look?
Thanks again...
P.s. Just out of curiousity ET, do you own a P99?

Old 10-03-2003, 10:20 AM   #4

JennYe Unproven
SOF,
If you could find a Titanium slide it could cost about $200 which is a lot for an airsoft enhancement. That price is an estimate.
I suspecr that it is easier and cheaper and legal to paint the existing slide.
JennYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:13 AM   #5

spenny Unproven
id' paint it.

look online at some of the modeling sites. they can do some pretty realistic stuff with making plastic model airplanes look silver, so you might find some ideas there
spenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #6

E.T. Unproven
Yes, I've got a P99 Military since March 1999, and a Belgian and additional European gun permit for this gun as well. (you may check out the pictures of my P99 on the other thread : what size is you butt?)

Regards,

E.T.
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

airsoft titanium slide

p99 slide price

p99 titanium slide
p99 titanium slide airsoft
p99 titanium slide barrel
silver p99 slide
Click on a term to search for related topics.