Safariland ALS 6377 for the P99 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #1

duck Unproven
Safariland ALS 6377 for the P99

Is anyone familiar with the Safariland ALS 6377 holster? Here is the Walther P99 version:

http://www.cop-gmbh.de/product_info....7-ALS-STX.html

Sort of like the Blackhawk Serpa except the lock release is thumb operated instead of being done with the trigger finger. There were some issues with the Serpa like the trigger finger continuing in the general direction of the trigger and gravel gettin stuck in the lock making it inoperable. I think the ALS system has changed all that.

Ever since I saw James Bond drop his PPK in Man with the Golden Gun, I have thought a locking holster was a good idea. Comments?
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #2

Jake Starr Unproven
It all depends on the degree of tension you desire. Safariland makes some great stuff, a lot of guys I shoot comp with use their gear. There are others out there that offer fine retention if not to the degree of a locking lug...Blade-Tech and Fobus come to mind...
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:00 AM   #3

Soybomb Unproven
If you're not a leo or going to open carry I think something like that complicates what should otherwise be a simple device. I want my gun and holster to be as simple and fool proof as possible. No biometrics, no manual safeties, no thumb breaks, secret finger codes to diddle to release it, etc
Soybomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #4

duck Unproven
I agree on the secret codes but a holster has to do it's job. That means holding the gun when it should and releasing it when it should. I don't want to make assumptions about the conditions under which the holster will have to operate. If I knew that there would be no external forces (gravity, tree limbs, grasping hands) operating on the gun, I would be ok with a light friction fit. But of course, I don't know what might happen.

So my question is really, what problems might this ALS mechanism cause. I agree that the worst outcome would be a holster that won't release when it should, and that was a danger with the Serpa. Has anything similar cropped up for the ALS?
duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

6377 p99

6377 safariland --filetype:ps -filetype:dwf -filetype:kml -filetype:kmz -filetype:xls -filetype:ppt -filetype:doc -filet

als 6377
als p99
gun stuck in 6377
safariland 6377 for p99
safariland 6377 for p99c
safariland als gun stuck
safariland als walther p99

safariland p99

safariland stuck

safariland walther p99

Click on a term to search for related topics.