At the Range with the P 99 - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree11Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-21-2019, 02:59 AM   #11

romeo_alpha01 .22
Fun fact:

If you look up the trigger specs on Walthers German Website, you’ll see the SA on the P99 is rated the same in weight as the Q5 SF expert. Sure feels like it!
romeo_alpha01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Unread 10-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #12

kaptainsims .22
I just sent my P99AS for a compensator install. I should be getting it back end of the week, I'll report back after I put a few hundred rounds through it.
I also have a P99c, and I'm in the same boat as PPS1980. I haven't put as many rounds in it, as I have the full size, and it's trigger is just a bit gritty.
Super practical pistols though. As much as I love Sig's and HK's (actually most german guns). My P99 is my favorite!
Also great when someone doesn't understand the double/single action trigger!
kaptainsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #13

An Angry Hippo .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainsims View Post
I just sent my P99AS for a compensator install. I should be getting it back end of the week, I'll report back after I put a few hundred rounds through it.
I also have a P99c, and I'm in the same boat as PPS1980. I haven't put as many rounds in it, as I have the full size, and it's trigger is just a bit gritty.
Super practical pistols though. As much as I love Sig's and HK's (actually most german guns). My P99 is my favorite!
Also great when someone doesn't understand the double/single action trigger!

A lot of folks say that some judicious cleaning and light application of oil to certain parts of the trigger assembly can improve the trigger pull substantially.

My P99C (2016 manufacture) was my first Walther and has the most rounds through it by far and it has the best trigger out of all my P99/SW99 series. Better than my 2002 SW99, 2004 SW99 45 and my 2018 P99... although not by much.

My 9mm SW99 seems to have the worst trigger of the group... and by 'worst' I only mean comparatively, it's still better than any other class of pistols I own. The Double Action in particular seems to have a bit of a hang up or 'catch' before moving through the rest of the trigger pull which I don't seem to notice AT ALL on my other 99 pistols (including the SW99 45). It's more of a collectors piece/novelty for the dual logos than a range or self defense piece so I haven't bothered trying to work that particular kink out.

Last edited by An Angry Hippo; 10-24-2019 at 08:30 AM.
An Angry Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #14

kaptainsims .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Angry Hippo View Post
A lot of folks say that some judicious cleaning and light application of oil to certain parts of the trigger assembly can improve the trigger pull substantially.

My P99C (2016 manufacture) was my first Walther and has the most rounds through it by far ......
Yeah, I've taken it apart, lubricated everything. It just needs more rounds through it. I have probably about 5-6 thousand through my P99, and only about maybe 500 through the compact.

It'll get better eventually!
Unread 10-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #15

kaptainsims .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Several of my buddies and i went to the range the other day. One of my buddies was shooting his Wilson EDC X 9. I let him shoot my P 99, which has a stainless steel recoil assembly and......
Since then I have ordered and received the tungsten recoil assembly from Earls.
Which Stainless steel guiderod do you have, and what's the part number on the tungsten one? I can't find it anywhere?
Unread 10-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #16

kaptainsims .22
Or is it for the PPQ?
Unread 10-31-2019, 04:56 PM   #17

Barbarian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainsims View Post
Which Stainless steel guiderod do you have, and what's the part number on the tungsten one? I can't find it anywhere?

I obtained mine from Earl's (Walther) Repair Service and they assured me it would not harm the pistol. Since then I have switched to the tungsten one they offer, which is more expensive, and heavier. I also added a TLR 7 light to the pistol which also helps hold down muzzle flip and makes the pistol easier to shoot faster. I like the additions.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2019, 04:57 PM   #18

Barbarian .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainsimsIt View Post
Or is it for the PPQ?

I might fit either I would have to ask Earls where I got the first one. Both have worked fine in my P 99.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #19

Laufer .22
My first Walther--the P99 AS-- is Now shipping from the seller's store. I bought it via "Buy Now" Gunbroker ($499) with no prior experience handling one.

I noticed the P99 AS under the glass at ShootPointBlank today, in Memphis. Nice to finally handle the type.
Really like everything about it, not used to the mag. release (like HK releases), but will get used to it.

This will be mostly to have range variety and sometimes carry.
:
Sauer 38H, two Sig P228s, Sig P6, P225 ('87-a 'Real' 225: No shiny circle in middle of grip...no common parts), CZ 'PCR' and .380 Makarov, M&P .22. That is all, until this first Walther arrives.

Last edited by Laufer; 11-02-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Laufer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #20
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Congrats!!! The P99 AS is an excellent carry gun.

If you'd like to learn a little about the AS trigger, go to this link https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...r-systems.html
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99