gen 1 serial format - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2019, 08:29 PM   #11

balance .22
Pay attention to that slide plate. I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like it is cracked in that picture. That holds the striker assembly in the slide, which moves violently every time the pistol is fired. I'd want to be 100% sure that it wasn't cracked before firing it. I certainly wouldn't risk carrying it, and/or being in a position to fire it without eye protection.

While it is not as important in regards to function, I'd swap the cracked backstrap as well.
rvr350 likes this.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #12

rvr350 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
Pay attention to that slide plate. I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like it is cracked in that picture. That holds the striker assembly in the slide, which moves violently every time the pistol is fired. I'd want to be 100% sure that it wasn't cracked before firing it. I certainly wouldn't risk carrying it, and/or being in a position to fire it without eye protection.

While it is not as important in regards to function, I'd swap the cracked backstrap as well.
Good eye, I never noticed it has a slight crack showing. Where can i get a spare slide plate? Earl? Is it the same slide plate gen1-3, 9mm/40sw?
rvr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #13

balance .22
Call Walther.

I just recently noticed that mine was cracked on my PPQ. I called Walther Arms and they are sending one in the mail. No charge.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99