WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #11

kaptainsims .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog15 View Post
Since the original poster put the idea of a comped p99 into my head, and since I just got my Jarvis PPQ compensator in the mail today...

FYI, the PPQ threaded barrel fit the P99 just fine.

If you want it to blend with the slide you値l need to grind down the sides of the comp a bit.

I wonder, since Jarvis does make threaded barrels for the P99, and with a little more machining the comp would blend with the P99 muzzle...

(I also have a TBRC comp for the PPQ but that would require too much grinding in order to blend. I値l post pics of that later.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it seems like it fits. Does it shoot any different? I thought one would have to grind down the back side of it to sit flush with the p99. As the ppq has flatter edges.
kaptainsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #12

balance .22
Quote:
So it seems like it fits.
I thought I'd ask because after putting some rounds downrange and getting the pistol hot enough, the polymer guide rod can develop a curve to it. With the barrel tilting upward and cycling rearward, and the end of the guide rod staying forward of the frame, I was wondering if there was any interference between the compensator and the guide rod when the pistol is cycling. I'd think that this would be even more of a concern with a steel guide rod.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #13

BigDog15 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
I thought I'd ask because after putting some rounds downrange and getting the pistol hot enough, the polymer guide rod can develop a curve to it. With the barrel tilting upward and cycling rearward, and the end of the guide rod staying forward of the frame, I was wondering if there was any interference between the compensator and the guide rod when the pistol is cycling. I'd think that this would be even more of a concern with a steel guide rod.
Does not appear to be any interference, but all I致e been doing is speed racking the slide to check function. I知 going to try to go to the range later this week.

Unfortunately I also just finished putting it on my PPQ so it might be a bit before I shoot it on the P99 (I only have one threaded barrel).

I have a SS guide rod but was not going to use it on the comped gun(s) until I知 sure there are no issues like you mentioned.

Here痴 some pics of the TBRC comp:

This comp definitely does not blend with the muzzle of the gun (gives it a 田lown nose look) and, given the port design, can稚 be milled to match.

BigDog15 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #14

kaptainsims .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog15 View Post
Does not appear to be any interference, but all I致e been doing is speed racking the slide to check function. I知 going to try to go to the range later this week.

Unfortunately I also just finished putting it on my PPQ so it might be a bit before I shoot it on the P99...........

If you end up taking the compensator off between pistols, can you take a picture of the back of it. I'm wondering if it's flat on the back. from what I can tell the PMM one seems like it's not flat, and it's made to fit the ppq.
PMM Walther PPQ 9MM Compensator
Also, did it have a set screw on the jarvis one?
kaptainsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #15

cslater .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainsims View Post
I've got a P99AS, I've been wanting a compensator on it for a while, but I don't want to get the Walther one. I've found this one recently for the PPQ.

As far as I know the slides are almost similar. There anyone that has a late model P99 and a PPQ that can compare the muzzles?
That'd be super helpful before I drop 100 bucks.

The difference between the factory and the after market comps is as much as night and day.The way they work and the effective outcome does vary.The aftermarket pushes the muzzle down period..the factory compensates for muzzle rise but also acts as a break.pushing the frame and slide before release to the rear. you will get two different rea ctions with each comp.What do u need -----A warning--rapidly practicing and shooting 36 rounds as fast as you can will get you killed in a gun fight...it would be best to shoot 4 targets as fast as you can and hit the center mass every time
cslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #16

BigDog15 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainsims View Post
If you end up taking the compensator off between pistols, can you take a picture of the back of it. I'm wondering if it's flat on the back. from what I can tell the PMM one seems like it's not flat, and it's made to fit the ppq.

Also, did it have a set screw on the jarvis one?
Yes, the Jarvis is flat on the back. So is the TBRC comp. The Jarvis uses a set screw, you have to send them your barrel for them to mill a flat at about the 6 o団lock position. The TBRC comp has two set screws at about the 3 and 9 o団lock positions.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #17

BigDog15 .22
FYI, this just showed up on Jarvis IG:

imaoldfart, PPS1980 and AnthonyC like this.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #18
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
^^^^^ Now THAT, looks good...............

Leave it to Jarvis to come up with something that's 'First Class'.
AnthonyC likes this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

compensator p99

p99 compensator -ppq

walther-ppq-9mm-compensator

Click on a term to search for related topics.