SW99 slide on P99 frame? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #1

MattB .22
SW99 slide on P99 frame?

Kind of a follow up to my previous post about the usability of a 9mm slide and barrel on a .40 frame...will an SW99 slide and barrel assembly function properly on a P99 frame? I know they’re nearly identical firearms but I’ve never been able to determine compatibility of something like this.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-16-2019, 02:25 AM   #2

roguejesse .22
I seem to recall someone switching a PPQ slide with a P99.
I would venture to guess that the slides for the PPQ, P99, MR9 are interchangeably.
The frames were made by Walther, while the uppers were made by each respective manufacturer.

On a further note, the P99 & MR9 have a fantastic trigger, while the SW99, not so much. The SW99 lacks the short reset found on the other variants.
roguejesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #3

balance .22
Quote:
Kind of a follow up to my previous post about the usability of a 9mm slide and barrel on a .40 frame...will an SW99 slide and barrel assembly function properly on a P99 frame? I know they’re nearly identical firearms but I’ve never been able to determine compatibility of something like this.
Without having them in front of me to try out myself, I'll say that they should. Walther made all of the frames for all of the 99-series variants from all licensed copies. I doubt they would change the design of the frame for another manufacturer.

Quote:
On a further note, the P99 & MR9 have a fantastic trigger, while the SW99, not so much. The SW99 lacks the short reset found on the other variants.
The reset on these pistols is determined by a tab on the trigger bar that slides forward of a tab on the single action lever, which are both in the frame. The design should be nearly identical, and the reset should be nearly identical on all variants. Walther made the frames and the frame internals for all variants for all of the licensed copies.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 01:33 AM   #4

roguejesse .22
I stand corrected. I just had my SW99 out, and you are correct; the reset is the same.
I must of confused it with another variant.
Now Iím going to have to go through the compacts (P99c & SW99c). To find the one with the odd trigger reset. Unless Iím having a senior moment, and misremembering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
Without having them in front of me to try out myself, I'll say that they should. Walther made all of the frames for all of the 99-series variants from all licensed copies. I doubt they would change the design of the frame for another manufacturer.

The reset on these pistols is determined by a tab on the trigger bar that slides forward of a tab on the single action lever, which are both in the frame. The design should be nearly identical, and the reset should be nearly identical on all variants. Walther made the frames and the frame internals for all variants for all of the licensed copies.
roguejesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99