P99 Sight choices - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #11

Kar98 .22
Nope. Dead on. Point of aim is point of impact. Both on my full-sized ones (P99, PPQ, MR9) and the 99c.
AnthonyC likes this.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #12

cslater .22
TFX PRO With Orange Ring WA1P FOR P99

I have a set of the TFX PRO series truglo i am taking off today-i have the front and back-These are the ones for the P99 and PPQ M2 Navy I believe.. the set I will sell for 100.00 plus $12.00 for 112.00 shipped ground UPS..The sights are 6 months old.They have the orange ring and are very bright as you know the TFX series has the Bells and whistles and it works.The U notch will put you on target fast and i seriously just shot a 15 shot rapid fire group at 10 yards with about a 4 inch spreed.REASON I am selling them is I love truglo sights these are U notch and My eyes do not fix on the square post and the U notch -so the front sight wants to move side to side until it thinks its right..NO CAN DO so it must go..My loss your gain- SIGHTS have been fitted and it was work to put them on a P99 but I assure you they will go right into yours with just a little help.SET SCREW etc and wrench and locktite $$60.00 shipped && If you can find them this is a deal.cash or paypal " I appreciate the comment ---I did not realize the price has dropped so much and they are used no matter how you look at it "RIGHT ?" I always try to give people a good deal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truglo.jpg (51.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by cslater; 05-09-2019 at 08:39 AM. Reason: PRICE CHANGE 60.00
cslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 PM   #13

ColoradoKid .22
cslater, you might have better luck selling in the trading post under general interest. FYI the tfx pros for p99/ppq can be had brand new for $116 shipped so price might be a bit high.
muckaleewarrior71 likes this.
ColoradoKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2019, 01:35 AM   #14

romeo_alpha01 .22
Just hit the range this past weekend with the Trijicon HDs. I didn’t quite put enough rounds down to determine my POI, but if there was any shift it wasn’t much. I’ll hit the range another day and see how it goes.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #15

muckaleewarrior71 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoKid View Post
cslater, you might have better luck selling in the trading post under general interest. FYI the tfx pros for p99/ppq can be had brand new for $116 shipped so price might be a bit high.
I said the same thing. I bought my TFX pros for my Q from a forum member for only $65. Not that he would drop that low but I would by a new set for that price.

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:47 AM   #16
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
I've never had that issue with my TFX or TFX Pros. Best EDC sights I've ever mounted and I've tried a bunch but that's why there are a bunch out there.

Good luck and I hope your next setup works out for you.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #17

cslater .22
Price Drop to 60.00 Dollars --That is a better bargain and these have been fitted --in itself that was a hour job 80.00 plus--I did not realize the price of these had dropped so much...

BTW I purchased a set of LPA Fully Adj Phos sights and will let you know how they shoot --so far the POA and quick pic up is very good if i dont go straight to the target when i see the back sight i dont leave them on the gun....TRAINING IS EVERYTHING
cslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #18
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
I've mounted lots of TFX and TFX Pros. I'm not sure what you mean by "fitted" but I've never had to take a file to any of my sights to mount them on any of my Walthers.
I've mounted them on a Q45, three PPQ 9mm, two P99s and a P99c, both the TFX and TFX Pros.

What does fitted mean?
Old 05-12-2019, 02:42 AM   #19

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsoul View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "fitted" but I've never had to take a file to any of my sights to mount them on any of my Walthers.

What does fitted mean?
I have. If a sight is slightly oversize and won't at least start into the dovetail it may need to be trimmed down a little. It doesn't take much. Just a little bit with some 320 grit emery cloth. With so many different manufacturers of firearms and sights I don't think its reasonable to expect everything to fit perfectly all of the time.

Of the last two P38 front sights I installed one went right in and the other needed to be fit. When I put Trijicon sights on my P99C the rear sight wouldn't even start. It took about five seconds of sanding and then it slide right in.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:56 AM   #20
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
I was talking very specifically about the TruGlo TFX and TFX Pro sights especially the rear sights.
I have seen a number of sights ruined by filing.

There is a reason these sights are made to be fitted extremely tight to the point of "boy these things won't even start". They are designed for EDC use.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99