P99 Compact discontinued? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #1

shawn .22
P99 Compact discontinued?

I just noticed that the P99 Compact models no longer appear on the distributor's dealer only web ordering site.

Has anyone heard anything?

In fact, the only two SKUs that appear for the P99 are both 9mm:

2796326 P99 *MA Compliant* 9mm Luger Double 4" 10+1, UPC #723364207310

2796325 P99 Standard 9mm Luger Double 4" 15+1, UPC #723364200090
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

N4KVE .22
I wouldn't be surprised, & that's probably why Shoot Straight bought a $hitload of them, & were selling them for $339. Probably took all the the inventory Walther had left. It's replacement is probably the PPQ sub compact, for hundred's more. GARY
N4KVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #3

SwissK31ppq .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
I wouldn't be surprised, & that's probably why Shoot Straight bought a $hitload of them, & were selling them for $339. Probably took all the the inventory Walther had left. It's replacement is probably the PPQ sub compact, for hundred's more. GARY
I wouldn't say 100s. Le/Mi get it for 399 from walther. Civilian should get it for 450-500.
SwissK31ppq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2018, 12:37 AM   #4

N4KVE .22
I remember just before Shoot Straight started selling the P99ís for $339, we were selling them for $469. Usually, a LE gun costs $80 less than the civilian version, because $80 of Federal excise tax that is paid for in the civilian gun is not included in LE guns. GARY.
N4KVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:06 AM   #5

5Wire .22
Still on the Walther site
5Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:05 AM   #6

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Wire View Post
Indeed, and still with the photo at the top of the P99 page with a soldier-looking guy decked out in camo/helmet/etc., but inexplicably having the P99c in his hands rather than the full size. I guess it makes more sense than that old HK ad with the bullets in the mags backwards, at least...
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #7
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I'm still holding out for a P99C with elongated, ambidextrous slide lock. I see pictures on many internet sites of this exact pistol, yet, it seems as its a bait and switch. Or the sellers don't have a clue what they're doing....or selling. Ha....I've called more than one site and told em' if they can go to the back and find that 'exact' gun (with PPQ style slide lock) I'd give em' an extra $100. NO takers.

Bottom line: Don't believe all the pictures you see.

I have to say, I hate to see the P99C coming to the end of the trail. Its a pity the buying public couldn't figure the trigger out. DA, AS, SA.....TOO complicated and/or misunderstood.

However, replacing the P99C with the PPQ SC will now have em' complaining the PPQ SC's trigger, although simple enough to understand, is TOO light.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 12-13-2018 at 01:08 PM.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #8

Jimmo952 .22
I too noticed the P99C absence from the RSR site. The P99AS is still there. No sign of the P99C. Not a good sign...

I am glad I got mine while I could. They are a unique and under appreciated firearm. They combine the best of lightweight, polymer, striker fired design and DA/SA.

A few days ago on this forum, there were some good folks saying they were uncomfortable with designs like the PPQ and were more comfortable with DA/SA pistols for carry. The P99C seems like the perfect carry gun for people that are just more comfortable with DA/SA.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #9

Balor .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Wire View Post
Yes, but bear in mind that the folks who run that particular website don't actually MAKE them.

On the website of Carl Walther Germany, who do actually make them, the P99c has not been visible for quite some time. Under PRODUKTE > DEFENSE WAFFEN > PISTOLEN, you will see a presentation of 22 articles, of which 15 are PPQ or PPQ-related. The CCP and PK380 are each shown as 2 variants, leaving the Creed, the PPS M2 and the P99 AS with one representation each. The P99c is not shown.

If you go to PORTALE > POLIZEI-PORTAL > Walther P99 > P99 AS Compact, you can still see the model, but it seems that this is just archival.

This doesn't bode well for the future of the P99c. My advice to anyone who is interested in one would be to get one now while you still can.

Balor

Last edited by Balor; 12-13-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Balor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #10

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
I'm still holding out for a P99C with elongated, ambidextrous slide lock. I see pictures on many internet sites of this exact pistol, yet, it seems as its a bait and switch. Or the sellers don't have a clue what they're doing....or selling. Ha....I've called more than one site and told em' if they can go to the back and find that 'exact' gun (with PPQ style slide lock) I'd give em' an extra $100. NO takers.

Bottom line: Don't believe all the pictures you see.

I have to say, I hate to see the P99C coming to the end of the trail. Its a pity the buying public couldn't figure the trigger out. DA, AS, SA.....TOO complicated and/or misunderstood.

However, replacing the P99C with the PPQ SC will now have em' complaining the PPQ SC's trigger, although simple enough to understand, is TOO light.
I agree the trigger could come off as complicated and probably confused people. I always looked at it as a good DA/SA trigger with an optional third mode (that I never used).

I mean it's a pretty darn good DA/SA trigger. I like the HK P30sk but in my humble opinion, the P99c trigger is just soooooo much better.

Sorry for the rant. The P99c deserved to be more popular than it evidently was.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page
p99 discontinued
p99c discontinued
walther creed 9mm pistols discontinued

walther creed discontinued

walther p99 discontinued
walther p99c

walther p99c as for sale

walther p99c discontinue

walther p99c discontinued

walther p99c for sale
walther p99c modifications
walther p99c used for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.