Kydex Recommendations... - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2018, 10:02 PM   #1

El_Viajero .22
Kydex Recommendations...

I am looking for a Kydex holster for my Walther P99 and P99c. I would like both an IWB and OWB suggestion for both as I will be using it for IDPA. My favorite manufacturer is JM Custom Kydex but he doesn't make anything for the P99 pistols. I am also left handed as well which sucks because some makers dont make left handed pistols.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
El_Viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-29-2018, 07:26 AM   #2

Dukes4aces .22
I assume you hit this already https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...-guys-use.html
If they have the P99 blank isn't it just changing the clip side for a lefty?? My P99c fits in my PPQ holster. I use Clinger and ComTAc. Don't forget a good gun belt-Check out Kore Essentials. Good luck.

Last edited by Dukes4aces; 10-29-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Dukes4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:13 AM   #3

Winkman822 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Viajero View Post
I am looking for a Kydex holster for my Walther P99 and P99c. I would like both an IWB and OWB suggestion for both as I will be using it for IDPA. My favorite manufacturer is JM Custom Kydex but he doesn't make anything for the P99 pistols. I am also left handed as well which sucks because some makers dont make left handed pistols.

If you have a P99 with the revised frame (i.e. non-proprietary rail and the squared off trigger guard), there are more options than for the first generation guns (proprietary rail and hooked trigger guard with the hump).

Clinger Holsters makes a holster called the V3 which can convert between IWB and OWB. Black Arch Holsters makes some IWB holsters for the P99 and P99 Compact. G-Code makes an IWB holster for the P99. Stealth Gear has options. A simple search of the forum or Google will no doubt yield dozens more options.
PPS Classic
PPQ M1
PPQ M1 5"
Winkman822 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #4

Firemanjones .22
I just ordered a Theis holster. He makes one for both guns, the compact and full size. This also comes in left handed.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #5

DavidS .22
Garrett has OWB suitable for IDPA - Silent Thunder Champion. Kydex is lined with leather for a smooth, quiet draw. I would expect you could use a P99 holster for a P99c, but you would have to ask to be sure.

They also have IWB holsters. I am not affiliated with them but I do have a couple of OWB holsters for IDPA.

Good luck!
PPS1980 likes this.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:13 PM   #6

Firemanjones .22
I received my Theis holster the other day. I am quite impressed, never had a Kydex holster before.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #7

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Viajero View Post

https://customcarryconcepts.com enjoys roughly the same good reputation as JMCK among those in the know, and makes good IWB, AIWB, and OWB holsters for the P99 that will fit the P99 and P99c. I own two of their BMC mag carriers and their pancake-style OWB/IWB convertible kydex holster. The holster fits both my P99c and my full-size P99, and the mag carriers have stood up very well to 6+ years of daily carry *and* USPSA use.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:37 AM   #8

waltherwright .22
If you have a Dremel, a drill, and a pair of tin snips, you can make your own. A heat gun helps, but you can use the oven to heat the kydex in a pinch. In all honesty, if you're only making one sheath it's probably cheaper to send your knife off to a custom maker. Buying the kydex, rivets and Chicago screws will likely approach the price of a custom made sheath.
If, however, you have aspirations to make more than the one, by all means jump in with both feet. You'll be amazed at how many useful kydex items you can make. Watch YouTube videos and run some online searches and in a couple hours you'll be there.
waltherwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #9

ddiwd445 .22
I carry my G19 in a Raven phantom and love it.
ddiwd445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #10

beemerjay .22
look at Vedder holsters, I have one for my P99C the fit and finish is outstanding.
MangoMike likes this.
beemerjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page
forum holster walther p99c
kydex owb for walther p99c
kydex walther holster forum

owb holster walther p99

Click on a term to search for related topics.