P88 Owners - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 12:35 PM   #1

Herr Walther Unproven
I guess P88 owners are far and few between here. This forum is like, as another poster stated, a ghost town.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #2

extremist Unproven
Smile

Well, maybe I've got a "bad" one (not really bad, just nothing exceptional), but it's really not that exciting.

I can shoot any of my P7s much better, and my Walther P99s are much easier to shoot well than my P88.

Maybe it's the large grip, but I shoot my Beretta 92F better and I shoot my new P7M13 better, both of which have rather large grips.

There's not much talk about the P88, I guess because there's not a lot to say about it Can't add night sights, nobody gets theirs hardchromed, and there is no magazine controversy.

Kind of a boring pistol I guess

Regards,
James
NRA Endowment
NRA Instructor Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, HFS, RSO
Walther PPQ/P99, HK P7 and 1911 aficionado
ShootPointBlank.Com North Richland Hills LTC
extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:44 AM   #3
P88

P88 Unproven
I've got a full size one. It is one of my most favorite pistols. Very smooth trigger and extremely accurate.

However I don't talk about it much because I don't shoot it much. It's more of an "investment" gun than anything. I don't want to holster it because it is in such prestine shape I want it to increase in value over time. I will still shoot it now and then, but I'd like to keep the gun looking good.
P88 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2003, 05:21 AM   #4

Herr Walther Unproven
The first P88 I had was nearly NIB and I didn't shoot it much either. Maybe 100 rounds a year. I sold it because I needed the cash at the time.

I'm happy to say that this newest one I have was not such a Safe Queen and actually was carried as a duty weapon. There is some wear on the sharp corners and the grips looked used but not abused.

I carry this one on and off with my P99 and P5 and I'm not afraid of degrading it's value any. I replaced the grips with some very nice Nill Grips and it's a decent, though not new, looking P88.

I had a difficult time learning to shoot this pistol well, but it is starting to come together now and group size is shrinking rapidly. THe grip is large for me, but I'm getting used to it. I always knew this pistol would shoot sub- two inch groups but I had never seen it until lately. I have about 600 rounds through this one now.

Incedentally, there is a P88 for sale on GunsAmerica with the dovetail front sight. NIB, $1250 I believe if I remember correctly.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #5

karate Unproven
I would join your ghos town if I could afford a p88
karate is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P88

Search tags for this page

night sights for p88

p88 vs p7m13
wilson combat 1911 wearing nill grips
Click on a term to search for related topics.