Do you prefer wood grips or plastic? - Page 7 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #61

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Had to add a step to my bi-annual mag cleaning/swapping process. Wood grip removal/cleaning/Tung oiling (following from Grips4U website).........

"Because wood is an organic material, it needs regular care to protect it from drying out.
Our grips have been treated with a blend of natural oils, therefore, we recommend that you also use natural oils (such as tung or linseed oil) to maintain their beauty. We use a mix of tung and linseed oils on our grips during production, but either one alone is suitable for ongoing care of the wood.
For cleaning the grips, it is best to use denatured alcohol or other wood-cleaning products. Never use water!
After removing any impurities, apply some oil onto the surface of the grips with a paint brush or a piece of clean cloth. For better results, warm the oil beforehand to 30-40°C (86-104°F). Apply the oil sparingly to the whole surface and then let it dry at room temperature.
Repeat this process whenever the wood dries out or - as a preventative measure - twice a year.
Never allow the grips to get wet! Moisture in the wood, especially with thinner grips, can cause them to warp, adversely affecting their fit and possibly causing rot should the moisture not be removed. Wet or damp grips can be dried using a soft absorbent cloth or paper towel, avoiding rough cloths as they can scratch the wood.
Never allow grips to dry out - they should be re-oiled to prevent drying out - as they can be weakened and prone to cracking or other damage, especially if the gun is fired or the grips tightened when they are extremely dry.
Wood grips can be damaged by abuse, so be careful to avoid impacts or situations that may chip, scratch or dent your grips to keep them looking nice. Abrasion should be avoided, especially from ill-fitting holsters (lined holsters can help protect both gun and grips), and carry weapons are particularly vulterable to such wear."

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 01-28-2019 at 12:01 PM.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #62

Jimbo80 .22
Just put these on my new .22 Ulm PPK and am very pleased. They are KSD grips I got on eBay from a guy in Turkey for $69 delivered. They fit better than my G4Us and the snake skin look is cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1781.jpg (79.5 KB, 12 views)
Jimbo80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:04 PM   #63

GeoNole94 .22
Very nice, Jimbo, those are a great addition That is the “fish scale” texture that only KSD and Klinsky produce (to the best of my knowledge). I have bought four sets of KSD grips and have been pleased with the quality for the money. I did have a hard time (and eventually gave up) getting KSD to understand the difference between a square-butt and a round-butt S&W N frame. I have the KSD fish scales on my SIG P210 and Klinsky grips similar to yours on a PP, a unique look.
ronin11 likes this.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #64

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Talking John Keats would approve....

Nill target grips on my P5 Lang, and factory installed Nill grips on my P88 Compact (both guns new to my collection last week).......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5L.jpg (110.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2439.jpg (156.4 KB, 11 views)
imaoldfart and calla23 like this.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Search tags for this page

interarms alexandria virginia

p 38 grips wood

t.e. lawrence pistol

walther p38 9mm pistol

walther pp wood grips

Click on a term to search for related topics.