The P38 to P5 Magazine Conversion Thread - Page 9 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #81

bigfatdave .38
Crap. You're sure it was a PP mag, not a PPK mag?

I'll have to pull the big bin of tiny mags out & experiment, SOMETHING must be long enough & have similar feed angle.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 04-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #82

83v45magna .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdave View Post
Crap. You're sure it was a PP mag, not a PPK mag?

I'll have to pull the big bin of tiny mags out & experiment, SOMETHING must be long enough & have similar feed angle.
Unfortunately yes, absolutely certain. I can't remember exactly how I made the connection to the PP. With the exception of not sliding in quite as smoothly, it works perfectly in a 7.65 PP, and by extension, PPK/s. An assumption, yes. But considering how popular the PP series has been, it seemed an obvious conclusion.

Here's a pic. The bottom of each of the mags is lined parallel. From top to bottom, 1903 mag, bastardized 1903, Mec-Gar 7.65 PPK/s or PP mag.

'Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang olí Walthers, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.' - Jeff Dexter Boomhauer III
83v45magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #83

bigfatdave .38
I should probably research this in the colt 1903 subforum (we seem to have enough 1903 users to warrant one, someone notify Searcher)

Thanks for the picture, I can't remember if I ever laid the PP & 1903 mags back-to-back for comparison.
I know most .32acp mags will be too short, I just need one long enough with a similar angle ... anyone make a silly extended walther PP 7.65mm magazine?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Old 04-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #84

83v45magna .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdave View Post
I should probably research this in the colt 1903 subforum (we seem to have enough 1903 users to warrant one, someone notify Searcher)

Thanks for the picture, I can't remember if I ever laid the PP & 1903 mags back-to-back for comparison.
I know most .32acp mags will be too short, I just need one long enough with a similar angle ... anyone make a silly extended walther PP 7.65mm magazine?
Not for a PP series, nope. I have never had one in my hand, but the only common 7.65 I have ever thought might work is the CZ VZ-50 or VZ-70. It's an 8 round mag and looks to possibly have the extra length. Mags would likely be very cheap since I have recently seen these pistols to have sold for $200. Might be worth a look. Take a 1903 mag to a gun show and see if you can find one to compare, maybe?

'Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang olí Walthers, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.' - Jeff Dexter Boomhauer III
83v45magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #85
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
I think it can be done, but not with a PP-series magazine, unless one used a .32 magazine (not the .380 which has a rib), ground off the floorplate retaining lips, and fabricated an extension plug the same exterior size as the magazine body, with a tenon that would fit inside and be cross-pinned in. You'd probably lose a round or two of capacity, which makes the project hardly worthwhile.

Magazine OAL is critical with bottom-latched pistols, especially if one anticipates vigorous handling.

A promising candidate would be the Browning M1922 magazine, which could be cut and drilled to reposition its fixed floorplate. But I've never tried it.

M

Last edited by MGMike; 04-20-2014 at 08:11 AM.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #86

bigfatdave .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83v45magna View Post
but the only common 7.65 I have ever thought might work is the CZ VZ-50 or VZ-70.
I have one of those. Mags are very close to PP mags, go in the magwell, but don't come out easily.
That was a case of too much curiousity.

I'll measure up for the 1903/PP/CZ70 next time I have free time - this 4 days on / 1 day off and 12 hour workday simply don't leave time for fiddling around in my gun room.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #87

bigfatdave .38
I'm hoping to find a too-long mag, MGMike, to cut a slot in the rear like Steve is doing for cheap P1 mags to make workable range-toy P5 mags.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Search tags for this page
p38 extended magazine
p38 magazine
p5 magazine
walther compact p5 magazine conversion
walther p1 magazines for p5
walther p38 extended magazine
walther p5

walther p5 magazine

walther p5 magazine conversion

walther p5 magazines

walther p5 magazines for sale
walther p5 mags
Click on a term to search for related topics.