Prices on P5s - Page 16 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums
 

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Like Tree159Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #151
Member
 
calla23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 51
calla23 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
^^^^^Nice pistol....exceptional workmanship.
Highly recommend him for refinishing or restoration!
calla23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #152
Senior Member
 
DeutschlandUberAlles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 2,456
DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by calla23 View Post
.......When I had sent in my first to be done (SIG P210), he called me and offered to have the import marks removed. I was surprised as I just always assumed there were laws against this. I trusted his decision though, as he’s known for working on high end firearms and some reputable 1911 makers......

I always thought there were laws requiring the retention of import markings too. This is good to know.
calla23 likes this.
__________________
A Man's God given rights rest in THREE boxes, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #153
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Backwoods Virginia
Posts: 13,603
MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
I always thought there were laws requiring the retention of import markings too. This is good to know.
The federal law applies only to licensed importers and manufacturers, and does not require the retention of ANY markings (except the serial number) by a dealer or an end user.

In 50 years I've never seen an actual BATF prosecution over the issue of whether an import marking was "conspicuous", as that is purely a matter of opinion and lacks prosecutorial appeal.

BATF has taken the position that if the grips have to be removed to find the marking, that is not "conspicuous" (which is hard to argue with). Many years of disputes with importers over whether markings were legible, or large enough or deep enough finally led BATF to promulgate, a decade or so ago, a regulation specifying marking requirements in greater detail. This is found at 27 CFR 478.92.

However: state laws do not necessarily follow the same path. There are some state statutes which prohibit removal of "manufacturer's" identification markings, so before proceeding one needs to check those laws as well.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #154
Senior Member
 
DeutschlandUberAlles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 2,456
DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Seems like these laws are written in such a manner that, it's NOT a problem, unless we WANT it to be. I always like to proceed on the side of caution when dealing with items involving Federal agencies.
I'm funny that way.
calla23 likes this.
__________________
A Man's God given rights rest in THREE boxes, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #155
Member
 
calla23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 51
calla23 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
The federal law applies only to licensed importers and manufacturers, and does not require the retention of ANY markings (except the serial number) by a dealer or an end user.

In 50 years I've never seen an actual BATF prosecution over the issue of whether an import marking was "conspicuous", as that is purely a matter of opinion and lacks prosecutorial appeal.

BATF has taken the position that if the grips have to be removed to find the marking, that is not "conspicuous" (which is hard to argue with). Many years of disputes with importers over whether markings were legible, or large enough or deep enough finally led BATF to promulgate, a decade or so ago, a regulation specifying marking requirements in greater detail. This is found at 27 CFR 478.92.

However: state laws do not necessarily follow the same path. There are some state statutes which prohibit removal of "manufacturer's" identification markings, so before proceeding one needs to check those laws as well.

M
Thank you for that info!
calla23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #156
Senior Member
 
DeutschlandUberAlles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 2,456
DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Nice New Old Stock condition Commercial P5, with all papers, box, 2nd mag, ending in 8 hours, 1k min bid has not been made.


Nice 6th Var (final Var) P5 for the price.


If nobody bids on it, I'll place the min bid. I have lots of room in my new safe.
PPS1980 likes this.
__________________
A Man's God given rights rest in THREE boxes, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #157
Senior Member
 
GeoNole94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bath & G-Vegas, NC
Posts: 3,059
GeoNole94 .22
Crappy photo, but the SN for the barrel doesn’t appear to match. Nor does the manual.
ronin11 likes this.
__________________
"I don't need another 9mm pistol because I've already got a P5." Pilotsteve
"Some of my nicest Walthers are Manurhin." GeoNole94
GeoNole94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #158
Senior Member
 
DeutschlandUberAlles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Coppell, Texas
Posts: 2,456
DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoNole94 View Post
Crappy photo, but the SN for the barrel doesn’t appear to match. Nor does the manual.

Glad I got busy yesterday and didn't purchase that one. Missed that detail.
GeoNole94 likes this.
__________________
A Man's God given rights rest in THREE boxes, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #159
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 998
matquig .22
There is a bunch of L102A1's available as a lot; 11 for $45,000. I think that is a bit high as a lot. If an investor was to buy the lot, he would expect to make a profit selling them individually, and I would expect individual pricing to be somewhere between $3200 - $3500, based on a recent pricing and sale. To make a fair profit, the lot might be worth $27,000-$30,000. What do you all think?
matquig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
GeoNole94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bath & G-Vegas, NC
Posts: 3,059
GeoNole94 .22
Agreed, based on the few that I have seen for sale the last number of years. Good luck with your negotiations, matquig
__________________
"I don't need another 9mm pistol because I've already got a P5." Pilotsteve
"Some of my nicest Walthers are Manurhin." GeoNole94
GeoNole94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5


Search tags for this page
price for a walter p5 9mm
,
value of a nib walther p5
,

value of a walther p-5 pistol

,
value of a walther p5
,

walther p5

,

walther p5 9mm price

,
walther p5 compact price
,
walther p5 compact with 9mm and 7.65 barrels set
,

walther p5 price

,
walther p5 value
,
walther p5 values
,
walther p99 9mm holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.