Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Like Tree171Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2019, 09:27 PM   #131

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Meh. I'll just get the rare heel release variant instead.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/829122812

At that price, it's all yours.

That makes the $8000 P5 Lang from a month ago seem like a bargain.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #132

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Well, that 100Jahre P5 went for over $1700.00 with shipping and FFL fees included.

If the 100Jahre P5 run was limited to 100 units, I would have been a bidder at that price. 1 of 500 units, no so much.

My interest in this P5 was not so much it's collectors value, as much as getting my hands on a P5 with a TOTAL lack of slide roll marks.

Yes, I intended to "deface" this P5. "Blank canvas" P5s for engraving are hard to come by.

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 09-03-2019 at 12:04 PM.
DeutschlandUberAlles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:11 PM   #133

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
As an aside, The Attic Inc. needs to realize their "standard" laser marking of imported P5s is NOT sufficient on a 100Jahre unit.

They need to include a "Germany" on this P5, due to the fact that Ulm didn't roll mark the slide.

This oversight could get them a visit and fine from the BATFE! Never a good thing to have them sticking their noses in your business.
Andyd_is_PzGren likes this.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #134

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
As an aside, The Attic Inc. needs to realize their "standard" laser marking of imported P5s is NOT sufficient on a 100Jahre unit.

They need to include a "Germany" on this P5, due to the fact that Ulm didn't roll mark the slide.

This oversight could get them a visit and fine from the BATFE! Never a good thing to have them sticking their noses in your business.
He used to import through Simpsons for a long time and just got his own FFL08 and import license this year, so now he has to take care of this himself. While this may have been an oversight, there are many more serious import violations when it comes to ATF requirements - and there are a lot of pitfalls. Whether his marking qualifies as "conspicuous" can be doubted, too.

Last edited by Andyd_is_PzGren; 09-09-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Andyd_is_PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #135

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd_is_PzGren View Post
He used to import through Simpsons for a long time and just got his own FFL08 and import license this year, so now he has to take care of this himself. While this may have been an oversight, there are many more serious import violations when it comes to ATF requirements - and there are a lot of pitfalls. Whether his marking qualifies as "conspicuous" can be doubted, too.

Yeah, I thought that slide/bottom marking iffy too.

I went with Simpson for my imports after seeing the frame marking with origin (covered by mag when inserted).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03554 (2).jpg (66.4 KB, 6 views)
Andyd_is_PzGren likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #136

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Quote:
Yeah, I thought that slide/bottom marking iffy too.

I went with Simpson for my imports after seeing the frame marking with origin (covered by mag when inserted).
Simpson is in this business for an eternity and they know what they are doing. Anything that could be marginal in the eyes of an ATF field agent, should be clarified with a letter and a written response to be kept on file.
While agent A might find the marking on the mag well absolutely sufficient - and it has become very common with laser engraving - agent B may find that it isn't conspicuous at all, an odd place, not in plain view, and what not.

This requirement for "conspicuous" marking is not a clear directive but open to different interpretations and can become a pitfall for the importer.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:39 AM   #137

romeo_alpha01 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd_is_PzGren View Post
Simpson is in this business for an eternity and they know what they are doing. Anything that could be marginal in the eyes of an ATF field agent, should be clarified with a letter and a written response to be kept on file.
While agent A might find the marking on the mag well absolutely sufficient - and it has become very common with laser engraving - agent B may find that it isn't conspicuous at all, an odd place, not in plain view, and what not.

This requirement for "conspicuous" marking is not a clear directive but open to different interpretations and can become a pitfall for the importer.
Simpsons LTD did an excellent job with laser engraving their import marks on my P7M13. The less “graffiti” on a gun the better
romeo_alpha01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #138

calla23 .22
Quote:
At that price, it's all yours.

That makes the $8000 P5 Lang from a month ago seem like a bargain.
Yeah, I’m the idiot that bought that. But...I figured it would be the only chance I would ever have to get one. Sold a couple other high end pistols recently and put those funds towards this purchase. I remember seeing a thread on here from someone, that they knew what “the attic” paid for it. I definitely do not want to know!! And that P5C asking price, not sure where they’re coming from with that number. I’ll post some picks of it when I get it in a couple weeks. Put it on layaway while selling the others. Jim
calla23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #139

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by calla23 View Post
Yeah, I’m the idiot that bought that. But...I figured it would be the only chance I would ever have to get one. Sold a couple other high end pistols recently and put those funds towards this purchase. I remember seeing a thread on here from someone, that they knew what “the attic” paid for it. I definitely do not want to know!! And that P5C asking price, not sure where they’re coming from with that number. I’ll post some picks of it when I get it in a couple weeks. Put it on layaway while selling the others. Jim

I would have been a bidder if TAI had posted that NIB Lang with a 5k min bid. If you REALLY wanted a Lang, that was the time to act. Not many come up for sale in the US. I found a used one for sale in Europe and grabbed it.

Post up some pics of that Lang package when it arrives, looked nice in the GB pics.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #140

matquig .22
Buying something rare on the international market might be the way to go, but import duties/costs can be 20-30%, much like those domestic, high end auctions. I bought a SIG P210 seven years ago from a dealer in Switzerland, and was a bit surprised by all the import stuff, but learned my lesson. Even so, I can get it all back now if I ever decide to sell.
matquig is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Search tags for this page
price for a walter p5 9mm
value of a nib walther p5

value of a walther p-5 pistol

value of a walther p5
value of walther p5

walther p5

walther p5 9mm price

walther p5 compact price
walther p5 compact with 9mm and 7.65 barrels set

walther p5 price

walther p5 value
walther p5 values
Click on a term to search for related topics.