Finally a Classic Walther for me - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Like Tree324Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #11

Jimbo80 .22
Remember to leave some room in the safe for a PP Super. You'll be wanting one of those too.
ronin11 and Thinkology like this.
Jimbo80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-29-2018, 05:49 PM   #12

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo80 View Post
Remember to leave some room in the safe for a PP Super. You'll be wanting one of those too.

Hahaha, You read my mind!

As I stated back in Jan, I intend to purchase a minimum of 6 semi-autos this year.

1) Stainless/Ported Desert Eagle Mk XIX in 50AE (New)

2) Para USA GI Expert 14.45 wideframe 1911 (NIB)

3) Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical w/action tune (New)

4) Walther Var4 P5 (NIB)

The way I see it, I was ready to spend double the cost of the P5 on a +90% P38, so two NIB P5s only counts as one purchase. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 07-29-2018 at 06:01 PM.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #13

Vandal320 .22
What a beauty.

To me the P5 and HKP7 are the best looking guns ever made. I had a chance to get a P7 awhile back and didn't due to funds. Two days later it was gone.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
WALTHER PPQ M2 .45 ACP
WALTHER P99C 9MM
WALTHER PPS M1 9MM
WALTHER PPS M2 LE 9MM
WALTHER PPX 9MM
Vandal320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #14

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
What a beauty.

To me the P5 and HKP7 are the best looking guns ever made. I had a chance to get a P7 awhile back and didn't due to funds. Two days later it was gone.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Vandal320.

I was fortunate to have a range friend in the late '80s who had a P7, would bet I put over 500rds thru it.

Seeing it with the grips removed cooled my desire to possess one (too darn complex, springs/levers/links/pivots, everywhere), fast dumping 4 mags convinced me I didn't want one. Damn, that HK P7 got HOT!!!

I'll know on 8-5 if my NIB Var4 has a NIB Var3 sidekick.

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 07-29-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:15 PM   #15

madpollock .22
Congrats on a great gun. But......
It is too good of a gun NOT to shoot. I bought my P5 new in the early 1990's. Have shot it ever since and I have put 1000's or rounds through it. I can't imagine having one and not shooting it. It is simply FABULOUS.

If you've ever had a great car, one that lasted for years; had a lot of fun with, or lots of memories in; and when you finally part with it you remember the great times you had--not the new car smell.
GeoNole94 likes this.
madpollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #16

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpollock View Post
Congrats on a great gun. But......
It is too good of a gun NOT to shoot. I bought my P5 new in the early 1990's. Have shot it ever since and I have put 1000's or rounds through it. I can't imagine having one and not shooting it. It is simply FABULOUS.

If you've ever had a great car, one that lasted for years; had a lot of fun with, or lots of memories in; and when you finally part with it you remember the great times you had--not the new car smell.

I will have a shooter, it all comes down to finding a REALLY nice used & un-abused P5 at the $700 to $800 price point.

Watched a ex-service BMI lineout with vibratory pen import ident on frame (below muzzle) sell for over $700 on GB. I didn't bother bidding because it was dented/dinged/scraped/holster worn. Just too ugly for me, even as a shooter.

Currently high bidder on another spotless NIB P5, if I win the auction, one of them will become my shooter, the other, the safe queen.

I'm feeling much better putting the P38 money (I would be concerned of damaging each time I shot it), into TWO P5s. Same money, 2 guns. One to shoot without damage concerns, one to remain Pristine. Win/Win!

Not driving an awesome car DOES have it's perks.........
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/26/...t-miami-condo/

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 07-31-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #17

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Went out to Classic Jewelry & Pawn in Rowlett this morning, wanted to view the used Var2 P5 they have listed online for $1000. Similar to the one that sold on GunBroker for just over $700 yesterday (ex-service BMI lineout with vibratory pen import ident on frame (below muzzle)).

For starters, the gun is tagged in the shop for $1200, asked if they are flexible on firearm prices and was told "somewhat". Wanted to know their lowest # on the P5, was told $1100!!! told them it's tagged around 30% over market value.

Pointed out it was a West German Police gun, removed from service, and sold for public consumption, then mentioned I just purchased a NIB Var4 P5 at Cabala's, stickered at $999, and am currently high bidder on a 2nd one, a NOS Var3.

Was told it's the "owners gun", and he won't go lower then $1100.

I had ZERO interest in this P5 over $700.

When the hell did Texas pwn shops start pricing used guns higher than new guns at Cabala's?
Old 07-31-2018, 10:35 AM   #18

GeoNole94 .22
Back to the recommendation for the PP Super. Get one, either caliber, or better yet get both; you won’t regret it.

The CDNN NIB Walthers selling recently on GB are obviously very nice, but the prices they are fetching are top of the range, or beyond, IMO.
ronin11 likes this.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:18 AM   #19

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoNole94 View Post
Back to the recommendation for the PP Super. Get one, either caliber, or better yet get both; you won’t regret it.

The CDNN NIB Walthers selling recently on GB are obviously very nice, but the prices they are fetching are top of the range, or beyond, IMO.

I'm willing to pay "top of range" prices for NIB P5s at this time, they're almost all gone at the retailers/distributors. Add to that the reality that used German Police units have almost ALL been sold to wholesalers, distributed to retailer, and sold to consumers.

This makes the P5 a classic "should have bought a few back when...." Walther in the next few years.

The writing is on the wall guys!
I pushed this last NIB CDNN P5 on Gun Broker into the 1k range with a big bid increase (causing some interested to cringe at the big price jump, and the thought of the larger min bid increases that come @ the 4 figure price threshold). Part of the bidding game is scaring off the competition.

Bet I get it, even with the 8.25% tax I will have to pay being a Texas resident.

Seeing what a $1300 price point gets you in a similar design (dropping lock block/locked breech/all metal) currently in production was a wake up for me.

The P5 puts my Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Brig Tac to SHAME!!!

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 07-31-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #20

BreakingBad1 .22
I have a beautiful P38 in the original box I may consider selling
BreakingBad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P5

Search tags for this page

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.