Suppressor Nut Issue - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #1

Somath .22
Suppressor Nut Issue

Greetings All,

I have a non-CA P22, and I recently purchased a Walther threaded barrel adapter (Item#512105).
I removed the barrel nut and attempted to attached the adapter but will not screw on completely, it gets stopped by the barrel sleeve.

Do I have the wrong barrel adapter or do I need to also replace the sleeve? I can't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190918_134334_1568828630966.jpg (957.9 KB, 20 views)
Somath is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-22-2019, 12:46 AM   #2

1917-1911M .38
Welcome Somath, If the thread adapter is seating against the rear of the threads on the muzzle of the barrel as pictured.....then something is way off. The thread adapter should never reach the end of threads on the barrel. The barrel is loosely inserted through the frame boss. A sleeve in then slide over the barrel and indexed against the frame. The barrel nut or thread adapter tensions the barrel against by the frame by pressing the barrel sleeve tight against the frame as it pulls the barrel forward which causes it to seat tight against the rear of the frame boss.

I appears that your barrel nut is not properly designed for use on either the 3.4" or 5" barrel Either that or someone has shortened the barrel sleeve. In any event it is absolutely essential that the barrel nut/adapter hold the barrel/sleeve tight. Your second sentence isn't supported by your picture. You haven't installed a five inch barrel with the 3.4" sleeve have you. Each barrel comes with its own barrel sleeve. The 5" barrel sleeve is longer. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22