found an original never-fired p22 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #1

aeorsyn .22
found an original never-fired p22

two tone with threaded adapter never fired, from the actual walther factory in ulm.

the guy had it marked for 449.99$

ive had a QD for a while now, but i've always loved and wanted the original from ulm, it just melts in my hand better even though i have larger hands.

but god, 449? i could get 2 more Q's for that... or even a 5.56/.223 delton d-15

thoughts? does the two tone(which i don't even care its two toned, if i had a choice i'd go all black)/fact that it's from the real factory justify the double cost? plus the fact that they aren't made anymore... the gun is spotless condition...

(i'm aware of its quote un-quote 'issues/problems')

Last edited by aeorsyn; 05-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.
aeorsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #2

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
You're not going to find the "worth" answer on here.

SOMEONE will purchase it for what it is.

What's it worth to you?

FWIW, some NIB Ulm Walthers sell for over 5X MSRP after several decades.

Example......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5L.jpg (110.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #3

aeorsyn .22
he offered me a free month of range time with it too, thats 14/hr for the rifle tube

Old 05-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #4

aeorsyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
You're not going to find the "worth" answer on here.

SOMEONE will purchase it for what it is.

What's it worth to you?

FWIW, some NIB Ulm Walthers sell for over 5X MSRP after several decades.

Example......
honestly if he had it for 350 it would be in my position right now, that extra hundred bucks though... might make feel like a dummy in a week.. but in 5 decades if its price is then 1,200 i'm going to feel like an even bigger doofus.

think im going to do it, or lay-away.. ofcourse after asking him if he's got any wiggle room on the cost
Old 05-14-2019, 02:18 PM   #5

jkv45 .22
I'd make an offer. $400 would be better - but it may be "worth" what he's asking.

I'm not familiar with original/Ulm P22s, but they would be the way to go if you really preferred one over the PPQ.

The P22 has had "issues" over the years - not much argument on that. Some more than others. Maybe the latest models have been improved, but the problems are well documented.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #6

aeorsyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I'd make an offer. $400 would be better - but it may be "worth" what he's asking.

I'm not familiar with original/Ulm P22s, but they would be the way to go if you really preferred one over the PPQ.

The P22 has had "issues" over the years - not much argument on that. Some more than others. Maybe the latest models have been improved, but the problems are well documented.

forgot they made a ppq in 22lr. my delima, is i wanted to stop buying 22s, i have two and an mp15-22, felt like i had enough.. but then again i guess you can never have enough 22s.

this specific one sparked my brain because its something i have wanted for quite a while.

but i guess i could save 150 bucks and get the ppq 22 from budsgunshop and maybe that might cure the itch. or if i wanted to spend the change get a bigger cal. -considering i wanted to get something other than .22lr in the first place like a week ago

everytime i see that old p22 i just want it, can't say the same about the ppq, even though functionality wise it's probably better.

thanks

guess i'll add it to my list of things i want.

my p22 obession would probably fit with the definition of insanity IF i expected different results everytime

Last edited by aeorsyn; 05-14-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #7

jkv45 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeorsyn View Post
everytime i see that old p22 i just want it, can't say the same about the ppq, even though functionality wise it's probably better.

my p22 obession would probably fit with the definition of insanity IF i expected different results everytime
I think you should make him an offer then.

Some guns just do that. I finally bought a M1A after wanting one for over 20 years. It was a lot more costly than the P22 you are considering, but I never regretted it.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #8

1917-1911M .38
There is no Ulm manufactured P22 and never has been. They are all Umarex pistols and there is absolutely no reason to purchase an original just because one shows up somewhere.. The pistol has slowly gotten better and better as the years pass. Better hammer design, better trigger bar, better mags than the original, better feed ramp, thicker slide on the Q models which has almost totally eliminated cracked, captive recoil spring, small details on the inside such as a pin to hold the tiny slide hold open spring in place, additional firing pin support on the breech block, improved extractor...etc. etc. I bought a new P22 QD for $225. It ran 100% right out of the box.

Due to the slide issues....I would not even consider it. Especially at anywhere near that price. Now $100, perhaps since it does have a lifetime warranty. 1917
jkv45 likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #9

extremist Unproven
I have several unfired P22s. If you want one, PM me.
NRA Endowment
NRA Instructor Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, HFS, RSO
Walther PPQ/P99, HK P7 and 1911 aficionado
ShootPointBlank.Com North Richland Hills LTC
extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:10 AM   #10

aeorsyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
There is no Ulm manufactured P22 and never has been. They are all Umarex pistols

why is it stamped carl walther ulm Germany on the right side handgaurd under the ejector port and the other DE stamp

even the dealer was like yeah this one's from walthers actual factory, not umarex

someone scammin?

and on a side note, what about this one with smith and wesson markings + ulm germany

https://ibb.co/qdNbmsS

i've seen some with amsberg*, and others with ulm. i heard something about the original ones that came from ulm with antler proofs(ulm proof) ((not kohl)) didnt use zinc slides (or was thicker, cant remember now) and didn't have all the other jamming(or nearly as many jamming probs) or hammer probs. which is half of why i obsessed over the thing for 5 years(figuratively)

-dont answer this, i took a relatively long history lesson just now https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...-umarex-4.html

but now i'm curious about the walthers prior to 2012 when they became a subsidiary of umarex and cancled the distro deal with s&w

welp you probably just saved me some money

Last edited by aeorsyn; 05-15-2019 at 01:14 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22