Has the P22Q been discontinued? - Page 8 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #71

maxfishly1 .22
New guy here. Talked w/ Walther parts guy today on the phone & thought I would share. I was confused by the part numbers & wanted some clarity before ordering a new P22. I want the FDE model & Bud's shows 3 different ones: 5120753, 5120553, & 5120353. Turns out the first is the newest & "Q" model, second is slightly older & "QD", the third was a very old "Q" model. He said the xxxx7xx are the current models & they are doing away with the QD because of problems with the decocking mechanism. Hope this helps everyone. Got a new FDE & a OD GRN coming Friday !
maxfishly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #72

1917-1911M .38
Welcome Max and thanks for the info. Guess I'm going to have to pull the breech block on my QD for a look at the decocking lever. I'd better do it carefully as apparently this is going to be a very, very rare pistol...In fact....I'll take $1,000 for it right now so someone can be the proud owner of an original QD complete with the decocking lever.

I looked at some of these recently, noticed the lever was no longer in there although the extra cut into the safety drum was still present.

I wonder what the problem was? I noticed mine decocked just like a PP, lever about 1/2 way across the red button. I also noticed that the primary hammer hooks had been lowered considerably. My theory on this is that the safety drum, pivots the decocking lever against the drop safety causing it to be pressed down and engaged the front arm of the sear. This pressed the sear arm down causing the sear to break from the cocked hammer. This occurs at a point where the safety drum has been rotated enough so that it is in position to block the hammer's complete fall. Pretty much PP style.

To make this work, I think they had to substantially lower the height of the primary hooks....which was a good thing in my opinion. No creep. So what were the problems I wonder...timing of the hammer release? The sear not decocking the hammer? The sear not catching reliably on the shortened hooks? The sear being released so low with the new hooks that the secondary hook was catching the falling hammer?

I'm going to pull mine apart for a look. Honestly, I preferred the previous models with no decocker. Seems it will be easy enough to remove the part. I like to be able to cock the hammer on this pistol without the safety lever being set to fire. It's as simple as that. I very, very rarely shoot DA with mine and I like to set the lever to fire as the last action before aiming and firing. 1917
Balogh likes this.

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 09-05-2019 at 08:25 PM.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Search tags for this page
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=116698
p22q
p22q walther
walter p22q
walther 5120500 vs 5120700
walther p22 5120700

walther p22 qd discontinued

walther p22q

walther p22q vs p22 qd
walther p22q vs p22qd
walther ppq 22 lr
Click on a term to search for related topics.