Has the P22Q been discontinued? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #11

1917-1911M .38
By law they have to collect sales tax. Out of state sales it is not required...but, that is rapidly changing. Amazon has been the big culprit here. People shop brick and mortar stores so they can feel the camera, firearm, etc. and then go home and order through Amazon to avoid tax. That really isn't fair and more and more items are having State tax collected by Amazon. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-29-2019, 04:30 PM   #12

Mudbug .22
Academy has them on sale right now

I was in Academy yesterday afternoon and looked through the Sales propaganda that is at the door. I flipped to the guns, and the P22Q is one of the guns that they are selling..on sale now, for $249.

I do have the brochure, but You can probably find that sale ad online if you Google it.

Charter Arms "Gator" 38 Special
Walther CREED
S&W SW22 VICTORY
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:25 AM   #13

hayley3 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
By law they have to collect sales tax. Out of state sales it is not required...but, that is rapidly changing. Amazon has been the big culprit here. People shop brick and mortar stores so they can feel the camera, firearm, etc. and then go home and order through Amazon to avoid tax. That really isn't fair and more and more items are having State tax collected by Amazon. 1917
Bud's told me that a law passed in December for Indiana that they had to collect Indiana sales tax even in they have no physical presence in that state so Indiana has over a billion dollar surplus and they are trying to get more money that's why I call them the bloodsucking state LOL. Also an Amazon warehouse is located in Indiana, so I always have to pay taxes when I order from Amazon.

If brick and mortar stores had the item I wanted, I would just buy it from them (unless the price difference was outrageous and that's one thing that Amazon has fixed-price gouging from brick and mortar stores) but most of the time the brick and mortar stores are out of stock, Walmart being a good example, which then sends me online. I live in very rural area so shopping around is not an option.
hayley3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2019, 05:27 AM   #14

hayley3 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
I was in Academy yesterday afternoon and looked through the Sales propaganda that is at the door. I flipped to the guns, and the P22Q is one of the guns that they are selling..on sale now, for $249.

I do have the brochure, but You can probably find that sale ad online if you Google it.

My gun is already on the way. But funny my store wanted $429 for the same gun.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #15

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley3 View Post
My gun is already on the way. But funny my store wanted $429 for the same gun.
Which is why they many times lose out to on-line sales. I bought a 9mm Shield for $225...then they had the .45 Shield for $225...ha, I'll order that in the morning....too late, sold out and haven't seen them for anywhere near that price since. SilencerCo SS Sparrow suppressor was on sale one day for $249. I ordered one. Decided to get another the next day....too late, sold out. That is half price. Sales go on all the time...you can visit these places and get on their e-mail. They will bombard you with sales e-mails. Some even have something you might really want. If you do this, locate a pawn shop or gun shop that will accept your firearm and only charge you $20 or so. They are around. The big shops want $100+ which is them basically saying they don't want to handle your on-line purchases. I don't blame them either.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...surements.html

When a new version of the P22 comes out I usually get one, take it all apart, measure stuff, shoot it and present an assessment of what I see with pictures. here is one I did on my new QD. I lived in Hanover for two years. Louisville for 16. Patoka Lake recreation was one of my projects as was the Falls of the Ohio National Wildlife Conservation Area in the Ohio River just below the McAlpine locks and dam. 1917
Old 03-31-2019, 06:47 AM   #16

hayley3 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
Which is why they many times lose out to on-line sales. I bought a 9mm Shield for $225...then they had the .45 Shield for $225...ha, I'll order that in the morning....too late, sold out and haven't seen them for anywhere near that price since. SilencerCo SS Sparrow suppressor was on sale one day for $249. I ordered one. Decided to get another the next day....too late, sold out. That is half price. Sales go on all the time...you can visit these places and get on their e-mail. They will bombard you with sales e-mails. Some even have something you might really want. If you do this, locate a pawn shop or gun shop that will accept your firearm and only charge you $20 or so. They are around. The big shops want $100+ which is them basically saying they don't want to handle your on-line purchases. I don't blame them either.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...surements.html

When a new version of the P22 comes out I usually get one, take it all apart, measure stuff, shoot it and present an assessment of what I see with pictures. here is one I did on my new QD. I lived in Hanover for two years. Louisville for 16. Patoka Lake recreation was one of my projects as was the Falls of the Ohio National Wildlife Conservation Area in the Ohio River just below the McAlpine locks and dam. 1917
I was raised in Louisville! And I moved later over to Indiana, (I always wanted to see the Falls of the Ohio, but have not gone yet), and currently I live far south of Patoka Lake and I have 8 acres but still wondering where I can practice with my new gun when it comes without shooting the neighbors.

Thanks for the link...I sure hope my P22 doesn't give me any problems, I'm terrified one will get stuck in the chamber after all I've read.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:06 PM   #17

1917-1911M .38
You have plenty of warranties to cover it if spent cases do get stuck. Really that has been pretty rare. My QD chamber is fine. I've never had a barrel in a P22 that had a bad chamber. If you do get a round or case stuck, remove the magazine, place the pistol on safe and then press down hard on the nose of the extractor while pulling the slide rearward. If a couple of tries doesn't free it then I'd try something down the muzzle to tap it out. If it was a live round I would lock the slide back and then make sure it stayed open by holding it open with my hand while I tapped on the nose of the round to free it. If it was a spent case, I'd do the same. These reports were regarding CCI mini mags as I recall. That is a premium round. Ft Smith took the pistols in and worked on the chamber just a bit to bring it to specs. That seems to have solved this rather rare issue. I went over it with the head of customer service so he would know a few had been reported here. 1917
Old 04-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #18

hayley3 .22
The gun shop charged me $40 to pick up my gun!

And I'm glad you are here 1917, cause it makes me less nervous knowing I have someone to help me along should I need it.

Also I do not like the magazine release too much.

I gotta read the manual now. I couldn't even find the magazine release. LOL
Old 04-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #19

silky .22
Hayley3,

Out of curiosity are you new to firearms in general or just the P22? If you're new to firearms I'd really recommend taking some basics classes at a local range. I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but it seems like from your posts that it may be good for you to get some expert in-person instruction with your new gun.
1917-1911M likes this.
silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #20

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley3 View Post
The gun shop charged me $40 to pick up my gun!

And I'm glad you are here 1917, cause it makes me less nervous knowing I have someone to help me along should I need it.

Also I do not like the magazine release too much.

I gotta read the manual now. I couldn't even find the magazine release. LOL
I'm not following you....you bought a new gun in a local gunshop? You should have to pay for the firearm and taxes. What was the $40 for. If they charged that for the paperwork...I'd never darken their door again.

I pay $20 to a local gun shop for the paperwork but that is only because I am not purchasing the firearm from them....but I am using their FFL and time for my benefit so I don't mind. If I buy a firearm from them I'm not paying them anything for the paperwork. Find a local pawn/gun shop or gun shop that charges $20 or so and order your firearms on sale and have them sent to that FFL holder. Most of the on-line gun sellers actually have a list of people in you area that have a FFL license. You need to call or drop by to ask what they charge for the service. The big stores usually don't want to fool with it. I think the shop I deal with makes more money on doing the paperwork because I never see a firearm in there I would consider purchasing...even if on sale.

That mag release is the best....much better than a button. I use my trigger finger...once you get used to it you will think it is great. Press up on the mag a bit if you want it to work really easily. Pressing it up takes the pressure off of the release. 1917

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P22

Search tags for this page
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=116698
p22q
walter p22q
walther 5120500 vs 5120700
walther p22 5120700

walther p22 qd discontinued

walther p22q

walther p22q vs p22 qd
walther p22q vs p22qd
walther ppq 22 lr
Click on a term to search for related topics.