WTS: Walnut PPK. There's still time! - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Trading Post / Parts Bin > Non Walther Items

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #11

bigfatdave .38
Oh, and for anyone on the fence about ordering one:
1 - pretty
2 - about the price of a box of ammo
3 - only 5 left
4 - one-of-a-kind

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdave View Post
Oh, and for anyone on the fence about ordering one:
1 - pretty
2 - about the price of a box of ammo
3 - only 5 left
4 - one-of-a-kind

I see them as folk art...wooden toy guns for grownups...
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #13

bbarlow .22
I've got plans for the next version. Removable mag, with an included 8GB memory stick. Moving trigger, if I can figure out how. Original PPK outline, with shorter height, shorter beavertail, (it'll be up to you to avoid the bite). Calls for all new templates, though - I can never do the same thing twice, and the changes probably won't allow me to hold the $20 price point any more.

And I've still got 5 of these guys left. I appreciate the posts you guys have made here. If you are on any other forums where people might be interested, I'd appreciate a mention there. I've tried google+, but it seems as dead as a bond villain.

Ben
British Agent likes this.
bbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #14

bigfatdave .38
Removable mag is a good idea, you could just have it magnet in and not worry about the complication of a mag release button. A non-moving button could be added, or just spring-load it and don't make it do anything.

Memory stick is a nice idea, but a slot for a standard one would do it, I have more than enough thumb drives around here already. Actually, just make the magazine hollow, and let the user store anything they like in there. I put mine out on display, it would be nice to have something hidden in it, although I don't know what, exactly.

Moving trigger could be linked to the hammer with a push-bar, without a sear it wouldn't really wear out, I think. (pull trigger, hammer goes back on a pusher rod)

And the original PP dimensions with flat mag base would be really cool, as would other guns.

===

And it looks like Mr Barlow has one or two left, someone buy the last ones before I annoy my wife. She said, "no more unless they're different or actually DO something". (Which hasn't stopped her from fondling them and chuckling)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #15

British Agent .22
I received my PPK/W and silencer in the mail in good health!

It reflects the opinions in previous threads of simplicity and quality. Very masterfully crafted. The can and barrel fit is perfect.

It's so nice I'm tempted to add it to my signature, it really feels like I own another Walther.

Thanks Ben!

Happiness is a warm gun.
British Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #16

bbarlow .22
Walnut PPK Model 2 is in the works. Prototypes being built. It will have a removable mag, either flat or extra round/finger - whatever they're called - and i'm trying for an articulated trigger. That thins down the trigger guard some, and makes it more fragile, but it sounds like most of the Model 1's end up displayed. I don't think the hammer will move, and I can't link the hammer and trigger - too complex.

It will have the old PPK shape (I think) and more details than Model 1. And I've got a friend working on wooden ammo. (He questioned me in the beginning, as did many of the friends I told of the "wooden gun". Everyone wants to know, "Why?" Well, why the heck not?)

Thanks for all your support. It means a lot.

Ben
British Agent likes this.
bbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #17

bigfatdave .38
Expect an order for wood ammo and a nice dark PP with flat mag. In .32acp, please

"why" is a pointless question, sometimes.
Because it makes me snicker
Because I like well-crafted stuff more than mass produced disposable junk
Because I might want an inert prop for a demonstration or example in discussion

----
Had another random thought just now:
The straight-back sliding trigger and flat sides of a 1911 might lend themselves to your construction methods and limitations. The same could be said about the shape of a colt 1903 pocket hammer less. (maybe more so for the 1903)

---

Milspec - I just realized that it was YOU who snagged the ebonized model.
I'm quite jealous, it looks great next to the steel variant.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Trading Post / Parts Bin > Non Walther Items