USPSA ready condition for PPQ - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #1

Molechaser .22
USPSA ready condition for PPQ

I'm getting ready to shoot my first USPSA match with a PPQ, and I'm not clear on the proper ready condition.

The PPQ striker is fully loaded once you put a round in the chamber, and pulling the trigger only causes a single action: it just makes the striker fall. So the gun is a single-action under USPSA rules.

For single actions, the ready condition is chamber loaded, hammer cocked, and safety engaged. But there isn't an external active safety on the PPQ. So, if I insert a magazine, rack the slide to chamber a round and load the striker, and holster the gun without touching the trigger, is that sufficient to meet the "safety engaged" requirement, or will I be disqualified?
Molechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #2

LiveShots .22
You are fine with that procedure. Once the slide is racked and the gun is loaded then keep your finger well clear of the trigger guard, and holster. This is the same process for most striker fired guns, Glock, M&P, XDM etc..
LiveShots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #3

Molechaser .22
Thanks! I figured that was right, but I didn't want to do anything stupid in my first match.
Molechaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #4

ioon44 .22
You will really like the PPQ for USPSA matches, my scores have increased with the PPQ.

Just keep the "Four Basic Rules of Firearm Safety" and you will do fine.

Colonel Jeff Cooper's Four Basic Rules of Firearm Safety:
 All guns are always loaded.
 Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
 Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
 Identify your target, and what is behind it.
ioon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
BJK

BJK .22
I know there is some dust on this thread, but anyone else in the same situation as Molechaser, be sure to let your RO know that you're new and they'll help you. I assume this was at a local match.

At our local matches we really don't want new shooters going first on a stage either, and during the safety briefing they always ask for hands to identify new shooters.
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #6

Piexcel .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJK View Post
At our local matches we really don't want new shooters going first on a stage either, and during the safety briefing they always ask for hands to identify new shooters.
Same here. Helps keep the event both safe and fun for everyone. The first timers to our matches have a blast! Literally!
Piexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #7

Maldavis .22
Thinking of getting an PPQ M1 is the M1 allowed in production class USPSA? Didnít see it listed under allowed guns from Walther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #8

SpaceGunner .22
That happened to me on my first 3 gun and USPSA match. The system placed me first to go on the first stage. However I like a good challenge and went first anyway after talking with the RO. And I would do it all over again. I thought having to figure out how shoot stage without ever watching another person do it, expect on video was exhilarating. I just took my time and followed all the safety rules.

Go out to your first match to have fun, and nothing more, and you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:24 AM   #9

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldavis View Post
Thinking of getting an PPQ M1 is the M1 allowed in production class USPSA? Didnít see it listed under allowed guns from Walther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Answered in the other thread where you asked the exact same question.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Tags
ppq, safety, uspsa