PPQ Q5 - Which IDPA Division? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #11

howard .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertS View Post
Are you talking about USPSA or some other organization? I have the rulebook here in my hands plus I could copy and paste from it to the thread. Unless they made a change to it since they printed the last rulebook and now, in USPSA, optics are only allowed in Open.

As I said in my previous post, I'm joined to USPSA because that is the only organization here in Wisconsin that does multi-gun. I won't look at anything that does not have multi-gun competitions.

3-Gun Nation is not here in Wisconsin.
Never believe the rulebook, it is not up to date. Carry Optics is now a recognized division.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...D7_DNROI_2.pdf

To find current rules since the last rulebook you have to go here:
USPSA Rules - United States Practical Shooting Association
chp5 likes this.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:26 AM   #12

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertS View Post
Are you talking about USPSA or some other organization?
USPSA. Follow howard's links; the info you need is there.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #13

TDoug .22
Per the USPSA website, Appendix D7, Carry Optics is a provisional division at this time.
Not many shooting in the division yet. We had one CO out of 38 shooters in today's match.
TDoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 12:51 AM   #14

Robertbank .22
For those interested IDPA now has Provisional rules out for their Optic Division. This is a work in progress with nothing firmly in place....yet. It will be out soon.

Take Care

Bob
Robertbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 PM   #15

BartCarter .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbank View Post
... IDPA now has Provisional rules out for their Optic Division...
Do you have a link? Could not find them.
BartCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:19 AM   #16

TDoug .22
From IDPA on January 17...
"There will be official announcements on a number of items, including Carry Optics, in the near future. We appreciate your patience until that time. Per our prior notifications to the membership, all official rules and communications will only be found only on the IDPA.com website and distributed by the IDPA electronic weekly newsletter, Tactical Brief, and on the only official IDPA facebook page, www.facebook.com/ShootIDPA/ "
TDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #17

Robertbank .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartCarter View Post
Do you have a link? Could not find them.
The Provisional Rules were listed on www.idpa.tech. The place for new ideas site which was originally intended to be a test site for the secret group who seem to have the inside track for developing rules. The site got out to the membership and the PCC Provisional rules now listed on the idpa.com site are now officially provisional while the Optic Provisional rules listed on the tech site have not been finalized as they are struggling with how to deal with their box.

If they approve full size guns SSP guns to be used then the box height has to be changed or a cut out for the sight has to be made. If they approve only CCP guns then the box will work but there will be few guns available to shoot the division. It seems to date they just can't say any pistols meeting the SSP requirements may be used in the Optic Division with a slide mounted Optic attached. Hopefully the group will come to some sensible conclusion.

Does anyone know if the Short Form Classifier is now to be used as it does not appear on the IDPA - Welcome! website and according to the last Tactical Brief if what you see on the idpa.tech site is not on idpa.com it is not official as of Jan.17 .

Why IDPA does not communicate to us directly via email is anyone's guess. If you are going to communicate via the net it is a pretty sure bet those with computers will have an email address but not everyone uses Facebook and the Tactical Brief may have a following with the tacticoool crowd but it seldom has any articles about IDPA in it. A lot of folks up here just unsubscribe to it because for the most part it is just advertising wrapped around articles about urban warfare aka self defense.

Take Care
Bob

Last edited by Robertbank; 01-25-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #18

BartCarter .22
Link doesn't work.
BartCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #19
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
No sweat dude. Change the ] to a / ... like this IDPA would like to address some confusion. . . ? IDPA Dev Site
Robertbank likes this.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #20

Robertbank .22
Well all is official now and CO Division is a provisional Division. I am shooting CO in the WA State Match in August. I should be able to finish somewhere in the middle of the pack of think 8 shooters. I will have fun and get a chance to renew old acquaintances which makes the annual 15 hour trip south worth it.

Take Care

Bob

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Search tags for this page
can i have optics in ssp idpa
is walther ppq q5 agood idpa gun
is walther q5 sgeel idpa legal

news

q5 match ssp or esp

q5steel legal foe idpa
the walther ppq5 match hand pistol for idpa
walther ppq q5 match for idpa
walther ppq q5 match in idpa
walther ppq q5 match ported barrel for sale

walther q5 idpa

walther q5 match sf idpa
Click on a term to search for related topics.