Shooting PPQ for USPSA Production - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #11

BartCarter .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Left View Post
...I like the 4-inch PPQ for the paddle release and I could continue to shoot it in matches. For now though, I'm going to stick with the 5-inch...
My 5-inch slide sits on a 4-inch paddle frame. Best of both worlds. Once you do it you won't go back.
BartCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #12

7Left .22
Went to another USPSA match yesterday, shooting my 5-inch M2 in Production Division. As mentioned before, I was shooting a 4-inch PPQ with the paddle release at the beginning of the year. Well, on the 1st stage, that difference finally caught up to me. I went to do my first mag change, and it was taking longer than normal to drop the mag. When I finally looked at the pistol, I noticed I wasn't engaging the button mag release. My index finger was trying to sweep down.

Now, that does sound a little exaggerated and maybe cost me 2-3 seconds. You can bet I didn't screw up any more mag changes for the rest of the match.

Just like my last Steel match, I noticed I was shooting low. It was noticeable on the 15-20 yard targets as well as a few small steel plates. I have the 0.180T front sight. Once I slowed down, my shots were good. My times were consistently slower than others, but I had plenty of A-zone hits. I finished 2 out of 10 in Production, but 3rd for the classifier at 69%, since one guy in Limited also reshot the classifier for Production. Overall, I am still enjoying the 5-inch over the 4-inch for gun games.

Last edited by 7Left; 11-13-2016 at 03:09 PM.
7Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #13

7Left .22
Another update. Shot a USPSA match a few weeks ago. There were only 8 Production Division shooters, which is sort of low considering we usually have 12-15. For the overall match, I came in 2nd for Production. But for the Classifier, I came in 1st. I still see that I shoot low, but that's more a result of my shooting ability and less on the sights. I had lots of A-zone hits with maybe 1 or 2 misses. My groupings were wide, meaning some of my targets were A-C hits. Still enjoying the 5-inch PPQ. I've gotten over the button mag release vs the paddle mag release.
imaoldfart likes this.

Old 12-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #14
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
^^^^^Are you required to run a factory trigger (as in factory springs)?
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #15

7Left .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
^^^^^Are you required to run a factory trigger (as in factory springs)?
Short answer is no. For Production Division, you can upgrade internals with aftermarket parts. Example: recoil spring, hammer spring, firing pin/striker spring.

However, you would not be able change the actual trigger with an aftermarket because it's an external part. External changes can be made to a very limited extent. Swapping external parts with OEM parts from a model of the same manufacturer, that's also approved for Production Division, is allowed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Search tags for this page

walther ppq uspsa

Click on a term to search for related topics.