My PPQ Competition Aftermarket - Page 4 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #31

olstyn .22
Just in case anyone was curious, I haven't gotten any reply from Walther or USPSA, and the Production gun list still has a bunch of wrong weights for Walthers. Awesome on both ends.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #32

Sundevil827 .22
DNROI actually addressed it in the latest issue of Front Sight, where he said: "All the weights for the guns on the Production list have been supplied by the manufacturer, not researched by USPSA or NROI. In 2016 I plan to query all the manufacturers for an updated weight list, and the weights will be updated as they are provided by the firearm manufacturer."

Earlier in his "answer he said:

"If for some reason you find that the actual weight of your Production gun is not correct, you should contact the manufacturer and request that the submit an updated weight to [email protected]"

I think Troy is doing the right thing by reaching out to the manufacturers, but that doesn't change my mind at all, that getting the right info out really should have been handled (and in this case was not handled) by the manufacturer. If you want your product to appeal to an audience, and market to that group, then the manufacturer really bears the brunt of the responsibility.
olstyn likes this.
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:15 AM   #33

olstyn .22
Thanks for posting that. I've never bothered paying for the membership level that gets the magazine, so I didn't see it. Hopefully Walther takes care of their end sooner rather than later.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions