PPQ for IPSC Production Class - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #21

WxGuy .22
Howard,

Tyran10 answered your question in the 5" in IDPA-SSP thread.

Bob
WxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #22

Robertbank .22
The issue with the PPQ Match in IPSC is the lightness of the trigger. It falls to under 5lbs with just a little use. If the trigger pull falls below 5lbs the gun would be deemed illegal for IPSC Production, a division that requires the first shot to be pulled with a =>5lb trigger pull.

Howard if the barrel was ported the gun would be illegal for all IDPA /Divisions. Porting aka Slide Lightening the slide is legal if done by the manufacturer.

Take Care

Bob

Since the rule changes for IPSC Production and the amendment to allow striker fired pistols in Production with 3lb triggers or greater my observation regarding the 5lb limit isnow moot.

Last edited by Robertbank; 07-06-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Robertbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #23

Maldavis .22
Thinking of getting a PPQ M1 is it allowed in the Production class in USPSA. Didnít see it in the allowed guns rules. Is the paddle mag release not allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maldavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #24

olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldavis View Post
Thinking of getting a PPQ M1 is it allowed in the Production class in USPSA. Didnít see it in the allowed guns rules. Is the paddle mag release not allowed?
It's on the Production gun list - go here https://uspsa.org/productionlist and type "Walther" in the box.

The fact that the M2 is listed separately means that just "PPQ" means M1. Re: paddle mag release, it's 100% legal; the PPQ, P99/P99c, and PPS M1 all have paddle mag releases and are all on the Production list. (Several of them have incorrect weights listed, but given that the weight "allowance" for Production got bumped from 2 ounces up to 4 recently, that's not really a problem anymore.)
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #25

Robertbank .22
IPSC for 2019 and going forward has amended their Production rules to allow striker fired pistols to compete with sub 5lb triggers. This is a major change and should make the striker fired guns competitive against the DA/SA CZ's and Tanfoglios that dominate the sport up until now.

This year I am using my PPQ's in Optic and SSP Divisions of IDPA and in Production Optics and Production in IPSC.

Take Care

Bob
Old 07-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #26

Robertbank .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner View Post
Thanks. The M2, I have been told (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...owtopic=194420), is not legal for Production. It's not listed on the Production list but is on the IPSC and IDPA lists.

I'd really like to shoot mine in Production as well and have sent a question to Walther to see if it's been approved. I'll call USPSA as well.

I don't think it would be an issue at my local club match but a larger match maybe and as a beginner in the sport, I'd rather not lose time and money on a DQ for a rules violation.
There are no IDPA pistol lists. If the gun is not on IPSC Production List it is not legal. If it is, it is. Google is your friend.

Take Care

Bob
Old 07-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #27

Planner .22
PPQ for IPSC Production Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbank View Post
There are no IDPA pistol lists. If the gun is not on IPSC Production List it is not legal. If it is, it is. Google is your friend.

Take Care

Bob
Bob, see post #12 above (Google was my friend). Itís been 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 12:16 AM   #28

Robertbank .22
Here is the IPSC List as of June/19 for Walther pistols:

"P1, PPS, P5, P38, P88, P99, P99Q, P99QA, P99C, P99DAO, P99AS

PPQ, PPQ-Navy, P99D-RAD, PPX, PPQ M2, PPQ M2 Navy SD, PPQ M2 Q4 TAC, PPQ Q5 Match, PPQ Q5 Match Champion, Creed.
PPQ Q5 Match SF (Steel Frame), PPQ Q5 Match SF (Steel Frame) Champion (without detachable magwell).

Also approved: compact versions of all above models

Also approved: variants with original Walther barrels which are longer than standard provided the barrel length does not exceed 127mm, and provided all other aspects of these variants fully comply with all other Production Division rules."

IDPA does not issue pistol compliant lists for their sport. It relies on the rules set out for each Division. Meet the requirements you are good to go.

Take Care

Bob
lana_sands likes this.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #29

MisterCrabby .22
My PPQ m2 5Ē is my only competition pistol. Iíve used it for USPSA; steel challenge; idpa. Zero malfunctions. In fact I beat several more experienced shooters with it the first time I shot steel challenge.

Itís a better gun than my skill level and Iíll stick with it until that changes if ever.
BartCarter likes this.
MisterCrabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #30

JayBird .22
Use Of Walther PPQ For IDPA And USPSA Meets

As I have repeatedly expressed in other threads within this forum, I have used both my Walther PPQ-M2 (5" barrel) and my wife's CZ75 SP-01 (4.6" barrel) for both IDPA and USPSA meets. I have not changed my gun sights, but I did replace the spring guide rod with a steel rod manufactured by BT Guide Rods especially designed for the 5' barrel using the Walther spring. I prefer, hands down, my PPQ. All the "controls" (i.e., slide lever and magazine button) are easily reachable by my fingers holding the firearm; and I cannot say that about the CZ which requires the fingers of my left hand -- I am right handed -- to access same "controls." While the CZ is heavier, thereby eliminating muzzle flip and shot recoil, the use of a steel guide rod significantly (in my humble opinion) reduces same for my PPQ. I also seem to shoot better with the longer barrel gun. I also checked now and have found that the PPQ with 5" barrel is on the approved "Production" list; and you can shoot the PPQ with 5" barrel as either Stock Service or Enhanced Service.
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Search tags for this page
best pistol production ipsc
glock 19 for uspsa production class
is walther ppq a production or standard
is walther ppq legal for ipsc

ppq ipsc

ppq m2 uspsa parts

ppq uspsa production

walther ppq for ipsc

walther ppq ipsc

walther ppq m2 ipsc
walther ppq ?retim tarihi
what sights on walther ppq for uspsa
Click on a term to search for related topics.