Safariland, comp-tac or Bladetech for competition/multi-use? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #11

checkyour6 .22
Safariland, comp-tac or Bladetech for competition/multi-use?

I see way more Blade Tech holsters at matches. Own a couple and they are excellent. Comp Tac is also a viable option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Register
Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
rtp

rtp .22
So I have a 6378 on the way now, along with a UBL, and an HSGI Sure-grip belt, aka 'war belt.' Maybe eventually I'll get a pure competition holster, but I like my active retention holsters to date.

Due to another local 3 gun series ramping up, I still haven't jumped into a USPSA match, and wasn't able to get 100% confirmation on whether or not a 'war belt' is legal in USPSA or not.

For the time being, it doesn't really matter, as it's perfectly legal in the pair of competitions I run in today. I also picked up a few Safariland MLS kits, which I'll use initially for a few shot shell caddies on the war belt. If I move away from that belt, or for using it for competition, I'll pick up some ELS receivers and a Safariland competition belt, and still be able to swap back and forth as desired.

Until then, one belt will cover range, competition, and training class use.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #13
rtp

rtp .22
Got the 6378.
It's certainly better made than the SERPA. Also interesting, in that either the SERPA or the Sig-Tac/IMI tends to keep your trigger finger aligned on the slide while drawing, while the 6378 almost pushes your finger towards the trigger on the draw.

Will have to see what I think after a few competitions with it, but my immediate reaction is ironically that the SERPA is safer for quick draws.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
rtp

rtp .22
Note with the 6378 and a PPQ M2, it IS possible to release the mag by the release pressing against the holster. If configured lefty, you can see in this shot where you'd need to remove a tiny bit of material.

As a righty, it looks like this on the inside. The silver line is what I'll be removing to ensure even with the slight minor 'rock' the holster has, that the mag release will not be depressed.

Done:
Old 02-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #15

BartCarter .22
Ordered my Com-Tac International on 2/3, received it on 2/15. One of the reasons I go with Com-Tac is fast delivery, even when they have to make them. The other reason is I am always happy with the quality and functionality.

They seemed to create a button release point for the M-1 so the M-2 would also work in the same holster.
BartCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
rtp

rtp .22
Finally used the Safariland 6378 in a competition this past weekend.
Setup is atypical vs USPSA guys - it's attached to a war belt with a Safariland 1.5" drop UBL.
It worked reasonably well. Not as fast for me as Sig-tac/IMI or SERPA, but not bad.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #17

sushiaddict .22
Do any of the models mentioned work for the 5" M2? I'd like an OWB holster for range/competition use but it's hard enough finding things that work with the M2 4", much less the 5".

I *think* the Comp-tac international and the IWI Roto are two, but I haven't found any photographic proof, just a couple anecdotal mentions.
sushiaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #18
rtp

rtp .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiaddict View Post
Do any of the models mentioned work for the 5" M2? I'd like an OWB holster for range/competition use but it's hard enough finding things that work with the M2 4", much less the 5".

I *think* the Comp-tac international and the IWI Roto are two, but I haven't found any photographic proof, just a couple anecdotal mentions.
Good question. The IMI/Sig-Tac I have doesn't close in at the barrel end, and looks like it would work fine on a longer slide/barrel...with the muzzle end sticking out past the end of the holster.

The Safariland, you can see from pics above - could likely be made to work, but would require trimming 1/8" or so off the end of the holster, then would likely work fine.

Dunno on the Comp-Tac or Blade-Techs.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
rtp

rtp .22
Just updating - have used the 6378 in numerous matches since, and it's fine. Good quality, thick and secure, and I don't think much about depressing the retention lever on draw.

I picked up a Blade-Tech for my CZ since then and like it, but probably would have picked up a Comp-Tac after noting a few at local matches - the Comp-Tac and Safariland both look to use thicker Kydex and be more secure..whether or not this is true in reality, I can't say. I like the BT, but may try a Comp-tac in the future, while I would have picked up another 6378 if they made one in CZ fitment.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Search tags for this page
blaade tech comp belt
blade tec or comp tac for idpa
blade tech holster vs comp tac competition
blade tech vs comp tac

blade tech vs comp tac for idpa

blade tech vs comp tac idpa

blade tech vs comp tech

blade tech vs safariland

blade tech vs safariland holster
can i use my safariland 6378 idpa holster for uspsa shooting
comp tac vs safariland

will the blade-tech owb holster work with the safariland els system

Click on a term to search for related topics.