First IDPA match ever! - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Bronxbomber252
  • 1 Post By 3djedi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #1

Bronxbomber252 .22
First IDPA match ever!

I shot my first IDPA match today, the PPQ performed flawlessly and I really enjoyed it. Finished 11th out of 45. here are the results (name under results is Bryan Singer)

SSI Results for LRSA IDPA 8-10-13
Fat_B23, Mally and bmwhd like this.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #2

3djedi .22
That's awesome! I really enjoy IDPA with the PPQ. And just like you, my very first match I finished around 11th or 12th. I've done maybe 4 or 5 matches now and I'm up to 2nd and 3rd's. I think it's all because of the Q. Im just so much more accurate with it!

I did a USPSA match today and I have to say those people seem to be much more serious and competitve about it.
3djedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #3

Sundevil827 .22
Congrats!

I had a somewhat similar experience when I made the move to PPQ as well, I definitely got more accurate, and had more control or the trigger. Finding the reset on a P30 was a struggle, but the PPQ allowed me to find the reset and control my follow up shots much better. It's nice to know that the experience was not just unique to me.

I have to link the obligatory IDPA video, with the proviso that while I definitely prefer USPSA these days, I still enjoy IDPA, just...not as much as I used to.

Keep shooting it, and definitely shout back once you crack the top 5!

As an FYI, I did notice they had you mistakenly listed as SSP. Until the new rule book is official in October, you properly should be classed as ESP. It really should not matter, and some clubs are already using the new rules, but should you go shoot something or classify before then, you should be aware.

Last edited by Sundevil827; 08-11-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #4

3djedi .22
You shut your sweet sass mouth! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
HES likes this.
3djedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #5

Bronxbomber252 .22
I told them what I had and such and they put me in that division. THat said, I wont get to shoot another match until October anyway. My local gun club puts on matches every other month and skills drills on the opposing months but I will be away for work for most of September (which is when they are having their classifier).

I have a lot on my plate right now between work, Soccer (play on my base's club team), SCCA Autocross, and such that I am not looking to get too terribly serious or start traveling around for matches, I'm doing these to have some fun and sharpen my skills.

Last edited by searcher451; 08-12-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Bandwidth
Bronxbomber252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #6

Sundevil827 .22
I hear ya.

There are not all that many PPQ's out there competing, which is probably why most folks tend to think that we are SSP. The IDPA called "Single Action" trigger though has us, and the XD/XDM competing in ESP. It's one of the "dumb" rules that IDPA had, and one of the better changes of the upcoming rule set that we are against other firearms that we should be.

Have a lot of fun with it, it's awesome you are doing it!
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions