New to all of this - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HHPIN
  • 1 Post By HHPIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #1

Maudavdur .22
New to all of this

Howdy,

Im new to all of this competition shooting and what not. Would you guys be able to explain to me the different type of competitions, whats allowed, how they usually run etc. If I start competing it would be with what I already have which is a Q5 with a red dot or a CREED. I have no intention of buying another pistol soon.
Maudavdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #2

HHPIN .22
There's basically two ways to go, bullseye or action. There are lots of different types of each. You might look at videos or websites from the various organizing bodies to determine what appeals to you.

I like bullseye shooting as I am sort of old and broken down and not interested in trying out for a role in "John Wick 4".
Maudavdur likes this.
HHPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #3

Desir100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHPIN View Post
There's basically two ways to go, bullseye or action. There are lots of different types of each. You might look at videos or websites from the various organizing bodies to determine what appeals to you.

I like bullseye shooting as I am sort of old and broken down and not interested in trying out for a role in "John Wick 4".
+1

Desir100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #4

HHPIN .22
Here's a place to start.

Competitions - Civilian Marksmanship Program

They sanction various bullseye type matches but many of the clubs listed as affiliates probably run a wider variety. I'm organizing CMP Service Pistol matches for my club now. Service pistol is for essentially unmodified guns so no wild-ass race guns are allowed.

Shooting Sports USA is also a good resource.

https://www.ssusa.org
Maudavdur likes this.
HHPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:32 AM   #5

ioon44 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maudavdur View Post
Howdy,

Im new to all of this competition shooting and what not. Would you guys be able to explain to me the different type of competitions, whats allowed, how they usually run etc. If I start competing it would be with what I already have which is a Q5 with a red dot or a CREED. I have no intention of buying another pistol soon.
What type of competition shooting for you depends on what is offered in your area.

IDPA is geared to the pistols you listed, just go to https://www.idpa.com/ and see what is in your area.
ioon44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions