baseplate pad question - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jd950

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

jd950 .22
baseplate pad question

Hi all:

My son and I have decided to try out some competitive shooting. Have not decided between USPSA and IDPA, or perhaps both. Will be checking them both out over the next few weeks. I have a Garrett holster on order.

I will be using my PPQ M1 5" and I think I would like to use some baseplate pads/extenders to make reloading more reliable. I am not interested in greater capacity, just easier mag seating. It looks like I can get these from Springer or from Walther. Any reason to go with one or the other or anything else?

Back "in the day" I used to use some rubber pads on the bottom of 1911 mags to also protect them when ejected to the ground, but that does not seem to be the thing anymore.

Thanks for any help
jd950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #2

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
It looks like I can get these from Springer or from Walther. Any reason to go with one or the other or anything else?
Welcome to the forum.

The baseplates and magazine funnels sold on Waltherarms.com are made by Taylor Freelance and only come in blue or black but will have the Walther logo on them.

The ones sold on the Taylor Freelance and Springer Precision websites will be available in more colors but without the Walther logo.

I have the blue Taylor Freelance funnel and baseplates on my Q5 and am happy with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0000494_walther-ppq-0-competition-magazine-basepad.jpg (40.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PPQ RED PADS 1.jpg (141.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #3

jd950 .22
Thank you, that is very helpful and exactly the information I was looking for.
Redcat94 likes this.
jd950 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gun Matches and Shooting Competitions