WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #1

Rothenfluh .22
Link for contacting your elected officials

Guys,

Here is a link for contacting your elected Government officials.

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov mobile

R
searcher451, DrE and Viper45 like this.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #2

WilmingtonNC .22
Oath of office

Remind the President of the oath he took to protect the Constitition.

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States
WilmingtonNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #3

Viper45 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmingtonNC View Post
Remind the President of the oath he took to protect the Constitition.

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States
I was not aware of this thanks!
Viper45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #4

Chadwick99 .22
I've been writing almost every day the last week. It's important not to mention a fundamental right we have to speak out against the actions of our government.
Chadwick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #5

WilmingtonNC .22
Kay Hagan emailed this to me

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the horrific tragedy that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue, and my thoughts and prayers remain with the victims and families of this senseless and appalling act of violence.

In the wake of the shooting in Newtown, which left twenty-six innocent members of the community dead, many of them young children, Americans across the country are searching for answers on how we can prevent such tragic events from happening in the future. I believe we must do all we can to put laws and policies in place to prevent future tragedies such as this one. Doing that will require a common-sense debate on a comprehensive approach that examines all relevant issues, including access to firearms, mental healthcare, and the prevalence of violence in video games and media. Additionally, Senator Feinstein has stated her intent to introduce legislation concerning access to firearms at the start of the 113th Congress. To date, that legislation has not been introduced. As always, it is important that we not unnecessarily infringe on the legitimate Second Amendment rights of responsible gun owners.

Like you, I have always been an advocate for Second Amendment rights. My family, like the great state of North Carolina, has a long tradition of hunting and gun ownership, and I take great pride in that heritage. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate I continuously supported the responsible use of firearms. As your United States Senator, I will always be committed to protecting these fundamental, constitutional rights.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #6

WilmingtonNC .22
Congressman Walter B Jones

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding gun control initiatives in the wake of the recent shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.

No words can describe the unspeakable tragedy that occurred in Connecticut. With the loss of so many lives, especially the young children, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and the community around them. Many are attempting to politicize this issue, but as these innocent victims are still being buried, now is not the time. It is time to mourn their loss.

In the days ahead, law enforcement investigators will fully review the factors that led to this horrific incident. Once those details become clearer, the American public and elected officials can then have a frank discussion about all of the issues that played a role in this tragedy. But as this conversation unfolds, let me state clearly that I will continue to stand up for the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.

Again, thank you for sharing your views on this issue with me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #7

ax41 .22
Easy way to contact all your reps on gun control in < than a

Ruger - Protect Your Rights
Ruger made it super easy to contact all of you representative in less that a minute.
ax41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #8

bigfatdave .38
Congressional correspondence lackeys don't count form letters for much.
Write your own, keep it short and simple, make sure you clearly ID as in their district. EMail seems best these days, paper mail is slow and gets held for screening, then scanned and sent to the Email box anyway.

Use the form letters if you like, but don't use them as your ONLY method.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #9

WilmingtonNC .22
I did not use a form letter, I told them I was going to be direct and to the point.
That I did not support Diane Feinstein's purposed Assault Weapons ban, or any other infringements on our Second Amendment Right.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #10

Charley345 .22
If you use the link in post #7 above and then click "take action now", it will automatically pull up all your elected representatives after you enter your own info.

Super quick and easy. Letter is sent to state and federal elected officials.
Charley345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion