Link for contacting your elected officials - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #11

Deputy .38
I can't post what my two Senators wrote back to me. Suffice it to say they told me to buzz off and that they and the POTUS know better than me what is good for me. I'm so glad I have my nannies to take care of me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #12
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Mike: I'd seriously like to know what they actually said, if you still have access to the response.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #13

Utahgeoff .22
The responses I've gotten in Utah. My favorite response has come from my state government and sheriffs' office. (except the governor, his @$$ has to go next election)
Should Utah Obey Federal Gun Laws? | KUTV.com

January 24, 2013
Dear Utahgeoff:
Thank you for writing to Senator Lee regarding the Second Amendment. The Senator always appreciates hearing from fellow Utahns. As we start the 113th Congress, he will continue to advocate policies and proposals that are centered in constitutionally-limited government. Your ideas will be shared with Senator Lee. He is firmly committed to having meaningful dialogue with thoughtful citizens regarding the critical issues facing Utah and the Nation.
Senator Lee can also be reached through his website at www.lee.senate.gov, through Facebook at www.facebook.com/senatormikelee, and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SenMikeLee.
Thank you again for writing and if there is anything we can do to be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our office.
Best regards,

Pete Blair
Office of Senator Michael S. Lee
(202) 224-5444

&

323 Cannon
Office Building
(202) 225-9730
January 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Utahgeoff:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your Second Amendment rights. This is a crucial issue and I appreciate the time you took to express your thoughts.

Recent and saddening acts of violence, such as those in Newtown and Aurora, have brought guns to national attention. These acts of violence, as terrible as they are, should not be used as justification to revoke rights outlined in the United States Constitution.

President Obama is urging Congress to pass an extensive ban on semiautomatic weapons. I am strongly opposed to such a bill. I am convinced that gun control measures will do nothing to prevent tragedies like that at Newtown, and will likely only make it harder for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves.

In June 2010, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in McDonald v. Chicago that the right to “keep and bear arms” was intended by our Founders to be an individual right, not merely the right of a militia. The opinion wisely held that the right to keep and bear arms is among the most fundamental rights necessary to this Nation’s system of ordered liberty and is deeply rooted in our history and tradition.

I support the Second Amendment and believe the right to keep and bear arms is a personal and absolute right. As a member of Congress, I will do all in my power to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.

To stay informed on this issue and others, feel free to sign up for my monthly e-letter by visiting stewart.house.gov. Again, thank you for contacting my office. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Chris Stewart
Member of Congress

&

Thank you contacting me. I appreciate the time you took to express your views on the important issues facing our nation. It is important to me to hear your thoughts, so I can better represent you in the United States Senate. I will keep your thoughts in mind as my colleagues and I debate crucial economic, domestic, and foreign policy issues.
As you might expect, I receive a large volume of correspondence. I want to assure you that I will respond to your specific concerns as quickly as possible.
Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the critical issues facing our nation. Your comments are very important to me.
Sincerely,
Orrin G. Hatch
United States Senator
Deputy and Viper45 like this.
Utahgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #14

Deputy .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Mike: I'd seriously like to know what they actually said, if you still have access to the response.
Sorry Bill, I deleted it. Amazing that people we elect would use that type of language on the electorate.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #15

Deputy .38
I wish we had Utah's politicians.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #16

Deputy .38
I have some new links to politicians:

www.furgetaboutit.com
www.saveyourefforts.com
www.wedontcare.com
www.thepeoplearestupid.com
www.idoasiplease.com

All are guaranteed to be as effective as any other political link.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion