Found a bad round - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #1

05gpgt .22
Found a bad round

Just interested to know what someone would expect when finding a bad round. I found a round in my 9mm that i recently ordered and emailed the company maybe expecting something in return for this i mean i shouldnt have to worry when ordering that i will find bad rounds and have to eat the cost if they back their product. Not trying to screw anyone over i just was wandering what i should expect the company to do i asked for a possible discount on my next order which i think is a decent request but maybe its something you just have to deal with. Any input would be appreciated thanks
05gpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #2

jonm61 .22
For a single bad round? Don't expect anything; you won't be disappointed. If you had a significant number or % of failures, that would be something else. Even then, they most likely would have you send in the remaining rounds and replace the box(es).

Ammo makers are in a pretty good position; it's a seller's market. Especially as the election approaches and people are, again, buying more guns and ammo than ever before, it really makes no difference to them whether you buy their ammo or someone else's. If you buy from another company, that's ok, because someone else will buy from them.
When the SHTF, you won’t rise to the occasion, you’ll default to the level of your training.
Member NRA, USCCA, GeorgiaCarry.org
jonm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #3

05gpgt .22
yah but but a bad rep would discourage people buying from them if they treat people like that. And i recieved an email from them stating when i make my next order to let them know and they will throw in some extras so it must be important for them to show they are willing to back their ammunition.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4

jonm61 .22
Who did you order from? I can think of a couple, that you can order direct from, that would respond like that. If it were any of the big names, I wouldn't expect a response at all.
When the SHTF, you won’t rise to the occasion, you’ll default to the level of your training.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #5

05gpgt .22
Freedom Munitions is who i have been ordering just placed another order for 500 new from them and they said they would send extra which i think shows they want to keep people coming back instead of knowing they will still get sales if they didnt. Think it just shows the character of a company when they treat everyone of their customers like this. As long as they keep it up i will be buying from them
Old 05-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #6

jonm61 .22
I'm not familiar with the company, but it's what I was expecting to see. They're a small manufacturer, so naturally they need and want the business. The same issue coming from a company like Hornady or ATK or Winchester, etc, and you probably wouldn't even hear back.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #7

05gpgt .22
ya im sure

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion