Gun sales way up. - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2020, 10:32 AM   #1

Jimbo80 .22
Gun sales way up.

My shop is packed to the rafters and business is up 4X. They restocked the store 4X since Wed.

People are idiots. Everyone is ignoring guidelines. "Lets head to the gun store and paw over weapons that everyone has touched." The range is full of families. "Hey y'all are out of school...let's all head to an enclosed place with 50 strangers.

As a high risk individual who can afford to, I am not going in to work. I feel bad adding to the workload of my coworkers who have to go in because they need the money but it would be stupid for me to take a chance.
Jimbo80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

HHPIN .22
Just got back from the grocery and the half-wits have all gone wild. Bread and meat gone, spaghetti and sauce gone (other than the high dollar brands), and toilet paper gone.

I suppose they are all buying into the coronavirus being the same as Ebola or Marburg. They must watch a lot of cable news. In Indiana we have 30 confirmed cases, 2 deaths (both elderly with existing health problems). While I accept its worse than the typical seasonal flu, it not that much worse.

I used to carry when needed, but the mental state people are in now, I carry all the time and keep 2 extra speed loaders stoked up with .44 Spl. Hornady 165 gr. at all times. Somebody gets stupid enough, they'll have more than the WuFlu to worry about.
HHPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:26 AM   #3

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
A friend works at the local Bass Pro/Cabalas.
Spoke with him after the weekend, was told the location did over $40k in ammo EACH day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Over $80k in firearms EACH DAY (F,S,S), with EVERY AR/AK at the location sold off on Friday.

Glad I'm an ant, seeing all the grasshoppers out there.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #4

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
A friend works at the local Bass Pro/Cabalas.
Spoke with him after the weekend, was told the location did over $40k in ammo EACH day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Over $80k in firearms EACH DAY (F,S,S), with EVERY AR/AK at the location sold off on Friday...
Soooooo... 20 cases of 9mm and four ARs?
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #5

Duncanppk .22
Jimbo,

I think you a correct in staying home. I ventured out for the first time today. I needed meds for the dogs, the vet was empty so no problems. Passed up the grocery store too many cars. I think this panic buying is nuts. People buying here in R.I. have a waiting period so who knows if the gun shops will be open when the time is up. Are these buyers going to be good citizens supporting the 2nd Amendment, or just keep electing the same gun haters to state and local offices.

R.I. already has some draconian laws, but I can live with them. Maybe some information on the 2nd A should be included in the firearms safety test. Might open some eyes. By the way I cannot buy anything firearms related across the border in MA or CT (over the counter, in CT). Should be able to pick up used models when this is over, because I don't see these buyers becoming supporters when it ends.

Duncan
Duncanppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:45 AM   #6

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post

That location ALWAYS has well over 50 ARs just on the display racks at ANY time.

Worth noting, this location had MORE then four 300 Win Mag ARs before last weekend, I handled one of them.

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 03-18-2020 at 11:52 AM.
DeutschlandUberAlles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #7

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Quote:

That location ALWAYS has well over 50 ARs just on the display racks at ANY time.

Worth noting, this location had MORE then four 300 Win Mag ARs before last weekend, I handled one of them.
I was making fun of the quadrupled (last I checked) prices for ammo.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #8

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:

The prices where NOT increased (before the weekend, not sure about now) at the Bass Pro/Cabalas locations in the D/FW area.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:08 PM   #9

Duncanppk .22
Here's one for you

Jimbo

Great sales offer locally, but 5lbs. of Roast beef (from local eatery) get a roll of toilet paper. Let's see, a case of ammo, get a roll of TP. Jimbo who would be able to resist. This is a true Facebook ad, I can't make up this kind of stuff.

Duncan
Duncanppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #10

Jaake .22
Quote:
Quote:

The prices where NOT increased (before the weekend, not sure about now) at the Bass Pro/Cabalas locations in the D/FW area.
Although Bass/Cabela’s are typically a little higher then most I don’t see them getting into the gouging. Online their ammo is at it’s normal price
Jaake is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion