Colt caves in - Page 4 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2019, 06:17 PM   #31
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Let's keep this apolitical, and without the left vs. right, Reps vs. Dems, conservative vs, liberal stuff shall we?
DE Pistole likes this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #32

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalExports View Post
Let's keep this apolitical, and without the left vs. right, Reps vs. Dems, conservative vs, liberal stuff shall we?

Thought better after I posted. Not really a VS. though.

More of an interesting double standard.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #33

03hemi .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
I'm not bothered by Colt keeping all its eggs in the "government contract" basket.

They've been surpassed by almost every other AR manufacturer (in regard to materials/innovations/finishes.....).

Colt is that much closer to closing down operations when the government loses interest in their products. F' em!

My money goes to companies like Hornady/Barrett/Patriot Ordnance Factory. These operations stop doing business with "gun rights" limiting States/Counties/Municipalities.
Ain't that the truth, and I'm a Colt guy from way back. Their AR's come with a neutered bolt, like you're gonna go full auto retard with it anyways while the rest of the AR industry uses a FA bolt carrier as standard fare?
03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #34

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hemi View Post
Ain't that the truth, and I'm a Colt guy from way back. Their AR's come with a neutered bolt, like you're gonna go full auto retard with it anyways while the rest of the AR industry uses a FA bolt carrier as standard fare?

Yes. Colts been playing the "we don't trust American gun owners" game for a while now.

It makes the weasel words of the US market pullout press releases all that more insulting to me. The releases should have "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" across their tops.

Colt is HARDLY a victim of the oversaturated AR market in the US, they MADE this bed for themselves, intentionally.

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 09-24-2019 at 01:24 PM.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #35

surrealone .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hemi View Post
Their AR's come with a neutered bolt, like you're gonna go full auto retard with it anyways while the rest of the AR industry uses a FA bolt carrier as standard fare?
FA carriers are more durable … but they also weigh more. i.e. A sane reason (when building) not to use a FA carrier is to shave weight. Similarly, a sane reason (when selling) not to use a FA carrier is … cost. Put another way, it was probably a cost-saving measure.

On a (marginally, at best) related note, stock up on Beto Black Bricks (i.e. AR-15 lowers) while they're still cheap, because you can bet your butt they'll go up next year as the election approaches … and, depending on who wins … they could go up even more. I've been slowly buying them here and there across the last three years; probably time to snag a few more.
UniversalExports likes this.
Gun Safety Rule #1: Carry one.
Pump actions speak louder than words.
NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, & Benefactor Member

Last edited by surrealone; 09-24-2019 at 04:40 PM.
surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #36

matquig .22
Better stock up on parts kits, too, as they will be targeted, banned from import, etc.
matquig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #37

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Ammo too. I've more then doubled my "on hand" quantities, of practice AND defense ammo, in ALL calibers I own firearms in. I keep 5 figure ammo quantities in my safe now.

My "gun problem" has morphed into an "ammo problem".
Old 09-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #38

GerSan .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny08 View Post
So colt announced they will no longer make and sell AR-15's to the general public. Let's see who else follows. Hmmm.
Come on, man.
I haven't read every post so far, but holy moly, we should read the press releases and see what these companies are really up to before making assumptions based (probably) on the media's "excitement" about something like this.
Yep, I saw the stories and the interviews of local gun dealers who were clueless but excited by all the attention, so they were talking out of their a$$e$. But within 20 minutes of first seeing the news, I knew that Colt was simply turning all their capacity to fulfilling contracts. Given their recent history of money problems and the fact that their civilian AR-style MSRs are not very competitively priced, it only makes sense that they concentrate on where they are making money.
The media strikes again with another Fake News story. We know better than to fall for it. Have a great day!
GerSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion