Renewed Efforts to Breach the American Constitution - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2019, 11:01 AM   #1

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Renewed Efforts to Breach the American Constitution

The veil has been dropped. We have seen the democratic candidates coming out openly with their real plan; they want to do away with the Second Amendment completely. The First Amendment has been under attack for a long time and pressure of political correctness has taken its toll.

My son had a day off last week and wanted to visit a state park in Cleveland, right at the lake. In order to enter the park, you had to walk through a building. A federal building - and there was a sign that did not allow firearms. There was no way around the building to enter the park. He turned around and left but he will use his social status to fight back.

This has caused him to buy his first NRA membership himself and he will contact his representatives and start fighting back.

I am proud of Dr. Rick to take this time off his busy schedule to fight for what he believes in.

In this critical time, we have to step up the efforts and the NRA is our only voice. We cannot find the time to demonstrate in some city streets ourselves and we definitely would not get any positive press in this messed up society, to begin with.

3%
Jan whitaker likes this.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Yep, scary times for sure. I did my part....I've been open carrying ever since they passed the law. After Walmart came out the other day and said they'd be asking people NOT to open carry in their stores, what'd I do? I promptly strapped on a Q and went strolling around a couple of Walmarts. At one of the stores I was actually approached by a Walmart staffer that, very nicely explained their 'new' position and asked to go put the pistol in my car. I said thank you, I have your request and continued shopping....or at least looking around.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #3

1942bull .22
You wrote: "the NRA is our only voice."

Not so. In fact the NRA has become one of our weakest voices as it self destructs. I support Gun Owners of America, a no compromise advocate for 2A rights. when NRA caved on Bump Stocks GOA did the fighting. I support Second Amendment Foundation, which used the courts to fight for 2A rights and is generally more successful at the than NRA. I support Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime, which lobbies and fights 2A legal actions in PA. Last week it won two cases in appeals court that the NRA had lost in trial court, and did not appeal. There are numerous cases cross the country in which state and local gun groups accomplish locally what the NRA did not take on.

The NRA has spent itself into near bankruptcy because its Board of Directors turned over control of the Organization to its CEO and its PR firm, and now it is being sued by the PR firm and vice versa. Management failure is a decease at the NRA.

Its Executive Director had a compensation package with $4 million dollars a year.the private airplane flight he and his family took were paid for by the NRA, which also paid for his Muti thousand dollar wardrobe. There is more but you must get the idea by now.

I did not get the above from the mainstream media. It comes from the gun industry media. It has been reporting on the members of NRA Board who have resigned because the Board fails in its duty. It comes from employees who were tired of wasting their energy in an organization that has served itself at is members' expense. It comes from members who have appealed to NRA management about the state of affairs only to be ignored.

Never before did Democrat presidential candidates be so outspoken about gun control, bans, buybacks as they are now. What changed is that they are no longer concerned about the NRA. They see it a broken, and it is broken.

Sorry, but there are better places to send money to protect your 2A rights. Check them out.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #4

chandler5566 .22
I assume you were wearing those cowboy boots when you dug your heels in? Just how is the walmart sign worded?
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
No signs posted yet. But you can find the wording with a simple 'google search'. Here's the part you asked about.

The retailer is further requesting that customers refrain from openly carrying firearms at its Walmart and Sam’s Club stores unless they are law enforcement officers. However, it said that it won’t be changing its policy for customers who have permits for concealed carry. Walmart says it will be adding signage in stores to inform customers of those changes.

The associate, never asked to see my concealed carry license. Well, maybe that's because I wasn't carrying concealed. Makes no difference, I open carry now and prefer it to concealed carry.

1942bull, thanks for the reminder. I just jumped on a GOA Lifetime membership.
Kar98 likes this.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 09-14-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #6

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
I just jumped on a GOA Lifetime membership.

I never was a NRA member but am unfamiliar with GOA. You obviously have full faith in the organization....what do they provide?
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #7
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Here ya go https://gunowners.org/
Old 09-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #8

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
I never was a NRA member but am unfamiliar with GOA. You obviously have full faith in the organization....what do they provide?

Mother Jones says:

This group was founded in the late 70s by H.L. Richardson, who was also a member of the NRA board of directors. Since then, GOA has built up a membership of more than 300,000 and its leadership routinely lambastes the NRA for being cowards who cave too much to the Democrats.

And lists them under "7 Gun Groups That Make the NRA Look Reasonable"

Good enough for me!
1942bull likes this.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:46 PM   #9

XRing .22
Mother Jones reported GOA membership (300,000) is low.
In 2018 GOA membership was about 1.5 million. Now it may be around 2 million.
Hard membership numbers are not usually reported. So news reports are few.

Last edited by XRing; 09-15-2019 at 09:25 AM.
XRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:57 PM   #10

surrealone .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
No signs posted yet.
No signs means the business has not taken any official measures to ask or inform each and every patron of its position. Put another way, I have yet to be officially informed about the business's stance or asked to adhere to a new posted policy.

If they ask me to leave, I will. (If asked to do so, I would whether I was carrying or not, as I respect private property and the rights of the owners thereof...)
Gun Safety Rule #1: Carry one.
Pump actions speak louder than words.
NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, & Benefactor Member
surrealone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion