Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #11
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Yep, be careful and keep your powder dry.

Good luck.
It isn't my powder I'm worried about.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-30-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Well looking worse and worse with wind speeds at 140 and a south turn so a possible land fall in Martin County.

The idiots are buying beer and talking about parties...time to sharpie their socials on their bellies so we know who to contact if we find the bodies.

The storm is now forecast to move up the spine of the state so basically this is a shelter in place.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #13
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Damn Olsoul......I'll be thinking about cha.
olsoul likes this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2019, 08:19 AM   #14

chandler5566 .22
Every time, including 5 minutes ago, they show the expected path it appears that St Lucie is ground zero. Are you inland?
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #15
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
StormGeo which is a bit more accurate in its modeling shows it further south at landfall but I'm not looking forward to any of this. Still as the high pressure strengthens that should force the storm further south.

I'm on the St Lucie River but high enough that flooding and storm surge aren't an issue. My dock will be underwater.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #16

Jaake .22
I’m in Saint Lucie.... I have impact windows but still put my shutters up last night. I have very tall windows and if something were to crack them it will be a fortune to replace. Water stocked up, generator gassed up and tested. Coolers set up. Now it’s just a waiting game.
Jaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #17
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Good luck Jaake. We are taking down traffic lights today so if you are out and about be very careful.

Storm should be here late Monday.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #18

vireya .22
yup

looks like its heading a bit more south, dammit, cuz thats where I am...Plm Bch Gdns. Look like gonna be a direct hit here

Reminds me of the time a few years ago the 'cane was over Cancun and they predicted it go here, and sure enuff, the storm center passed right over my house. Strange to go out tween the north and south rims into the center of calm. And then the **** hit the fan again.

Looks like a repeat. Shuda put the deck furniture into the pool instead of inside, in order to clean and protect at same time
vireya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #19

Nifty .22
There is speculation now the thing could sit over Florida for some time.

I'm in the panhandle and really dont need to be dealing with a storm right now. Some are just getting over last year's mess.
olsoul likes this.
Nifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #20

Jaake .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsoul View Post
Good luck Jaake. We are taking down traffic lights today so if you are out and about be very careful.

Storm should be here late Monday.
Thanks. Same to you and everyone else.

While I didn’t stock up on beer I did make sure I have enough wood and charcoal to fire up the smoker and kettle. A few slabs of ribs and butts ready to be smoked.
Jaake is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion