Purchasing suppressors...is there a simpler way? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2019, 09:06 PM   #1

1917-1911M .38
Purchasing suppressors...is there a simpler way?

Is there anyway to purchase additional suppressors without having to reinvent the wheel each time. I have one in a trust....want to get a couple more...but does the whole deal have to be repeated from scratch each time? 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-22-2019, 09:25 PM   #2

DukeIronHand .22
Per my pal the FFL guy you have to start the whole procedure over again for each additional “can” you wish to buy. No shortcuts for being a previous or current owner.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #3

1917-1911M .38
Thanks IronHand, I was hoping there was some way all the data could be kept, the picture, the fingerprints, bla, bla, bla and not have to do it all over every time. Seems if you have suppressors and a CCPermit.....that should count for something toward speeding up the process. 1917

Old 06-23-2019, 01:21 AM   #4

DukeIronHand .22
You’d think but that might require some effort and planning on their end.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #5
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Each tax stamp is treated as a unique and individual transaction. There is no assumption that previous information (even last week's) is still valid.

Less or until the laws are changed (very unlikely) you will have to submit the information as required.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #6

RogueTS1 .22
Silencer Shop has their electronic kiosks. Do it once and they store the info for you. Buy something, let them know and they take care of everything for you. Their photo app even keeps track of your photo. If it has been more than 6 months since your last photo it will tell you to take another photo which will download to their sight.

Their kiosk takes your fingerprints and stores them for future use as well as your address and or trust information. It is a pain sometimes getting the kiosk to take the fingerprints, but once done it is done forever. Check them out. It seems like what you are looking for.

I have done several Form 4's with them and even a Form 1 with them and it was super easy.

Last edited by RogueTS1; 06-24-2019 at 11:02 AM.
RogueTS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:32 PM   #7

1917-1911M .38
Thanks Rogue, that sounds like it is as good as it gets. And that sounds like the process I used about a year ago. I checked and my shop is on the Silencer Shop list. 1917
Old 06-25-2019, 07:00 AM   #8
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
While the Silencer Shop will fill out all your forms for you, many localities have local provisions that also must be submitted, things like a letter from the Sheriff that are necessary for each tax transfer stamp.

You'll still have the processing time of the background checks...seems to me the forms only take a couple of hours to do. But anything that speeds the process may be a good thing if you don't mind trusting still another entity with your personal information.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #9

1917-1911M .38
I wouldn't doubt that Olsoul, but around here all the Sheriff wants is the money. I stop in an renew my cc permit in two minutes. I've never even met the Sheriff. No letter required for suppressor. This is all fed business. I can't remember all I did, fill out a form, sign, fingerprints, photo, pay $200, go home and forget about it for 9 months. Then one day the shop calls and says your stamp arrived. You can come pick up your suppressor. I need one NOW, for the hogs that are tearing up my farm. I'm sure the distant neighbors don't want to hear all that shooting at night. Or find a hunting buddy that is already stocked up with em. 1917
Jimbo80 likes this.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #10
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
I wouldn't doubt that Olsoul, but around here all the Sheriff wants is the money. I stop in an renew my cc permit in two minutes. I've never even met the Sheriff. No letter required for suppressor.
Here in Florida the local Sheriff must OK your ownership of a suppressor or other Title II weapon. He must sign a letter so stating. I've not been charged for the letter...(but then again Ken is a friend of mine )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion