WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By olsoul

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 02:42 AM   #1

primerwalther .22
Unhappy I cut the cartridge and the mechanism is very

Hello everyone, I just bought this PPK from Interarms, I need the help of some expert from a forum, the gun is really new, the owner had it stored since he bought it, I cut the cartridge and the mechanism is very firm, the problem is that I want to remove the slide up to be able to clean and it does not come out, no matter how hard I try, it does not come out. I have two more PPK more and they come out very easy. What can be happening? Is someone who can guide me because it is very new and I think it needs to be shot so that it loosens a bit, or what could be happening? I have not shot it yet. Thank you.

Last edited by primerwalther; 06-13-2019 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I need the help of some expert from a forum...
primerwalther is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-13-2019, 05:39 AM   #2
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
All hope is not lost.
It is possible that the previous owner replaced the recoil spring backwards which is going to make it difficult but not impossible to remove the slide. This will cause the spring to improperly compress and the slide won't go back quite far enough to dismount.

Before resorting to "bubba" fixes I'd suggest you post this problem in the PP section (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/ ) and ask MGMike's advice. He has forgotten more about Rangers than most of us have ever known.

Whatever you do don't start wailing away on your weapon with a rubber mallet or resort to things of that nature.
ronin11 and primerwalther like this.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #3

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by primerwalther View Post
I cut the cartridge and the mechanism is very firm,
What does this mean? "cut the cartridge" 1917
1917-1911M is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #4

primerwalther .22
I do not know how to explain it well, I do not speak English very well, but I mean when you want to raise the shot up is the mechanism is very hard, it is a good sign that the weapon is new, the problem is not that, but that at the moment of wanting to take the recoil spring up does not come out in any way. Thanks to Olsul, he gave me an idea of ​​why it may not be working well.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:48 PM   #5

primerwalther .22
I thank you very much for your help, I hope to solve it with the recommendation of the Forum that you mention. And of course I hold you back and you stopped me from having to use the plastic hammer and other things, I was really about to start that, hahaha. Just a doubt, what you mention to me you have seen before or you have heard right? was solved in a simple way on that occasion permanently or has to correct each time you want to disassemble the recoil spring ?? Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:42 AM   #6
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by primerwalther View Post
I thank you very much for your help, ... Just a doubt, what you mention to me you have seen before or you have heard right? was solved in a simple way on that occasion permanently or has to correct each time you want to disassemble the recoil spring ?? Thanks again.
No, Once the slide has been removed and the recoil spring is replaced with the wider coils facing the muzzle your problems should be solved permanently.

Again this is the most likely issue. We have seen this issue before.

MGMike is an excellent resource as are the FAQs in the PP section.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > General Discussion