WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/gear-gadgets-tactics-training/)
-   -   Kore Essentials Leather vs Tactical Gun Belt (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/gear-gadgets-tactics-training/97730-kore-essentials-leather-vs-tactical-gun-belt.html)

Mighty_Barbell 01-19-2018 07:57 AM

Kore Essentials Leather vs Tactical Gun Belt

Has anyone any experience with these belts? I have an aliengear cloak tuck 3.0 and a vedder lighttuck.

I am mostly concerned about the lighttuck as I read somewhere the holster comes off with the draw.

Does anyone recommend one over the other?

Also, if there are any other belt recommendations from other companies, please let me know. I have read up on some recommendations on this forum.

PPS1980 01-19-2018 08:18 AM

Bigfoot gun belts work for me. I also use an Amish $30 leather gun belt that is excellent.

muckaleewarrior71 01-19-2018 08:24 AM

I have three Vedder LightTuck holsters. I have no issues with them. Most of the time I carry them on one of my Daltech Force Superbio Belts. I also have one of their bull leather belts which is very thick and solid. The only holsters that generally slipped off in my experience had plastic clips, that's why prefer steel clips.

PPS1980 01-19-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muckaleewarrior71 (Post 1028746)
I have three Vedder LightTuck holsters. I have no issues with them. Most of the time I carry them on one of my Daltech Force Superbio Belts. I also have one of their bull leather belts which is very thick and solid. The only holsters that generally slipped off in my experience had plastic clips, that's why prefer steel clips.

Funny, the one holster I have that slips off has metal clips. My plastic clips stay put on my belts. Odd how it varies so much.

muckaleewarrior71 01-19-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS1980 (Post 1028770)
Funny, the one holster I have that slips off has metal clips. My plastic clips stay put on my belts. Odd how it varies so much.

I have one collecting spiderwebs because it was notorious for this. I believe the problem is sometimes there is too much space and those clips have had weak retention to hold on to the belt. Either way, that's why they make other styles. :)

Mighty_Barbell 01-19-2018 08:38 AM

I am sorry I probably should have specified that I read the lighttuck slips off with KORE specifically. I think the tactical one.

muckaleewarrior71 01-19-2018 08:40 AM

OK, I don't have any of their belts. Thanks for the info because I was interested.

Mighty_Barbell 01-19-2018 08:45 AM

It was on a reddit post some where but it was only one post and didn't get many responses.

I love the design of these belts I just haven't read anything with Kores and Lighttucks specifically.

I actually wear a Trayvax cinch with my Aliengear and it works great.

The cinch is a super thin nylon webbing belt with a very minimal buckle design (made in USA). For any two clip holster I could see this working great. It is also very affordable.

With the single clip of the Vedder, though, I am looking for an actual gun belt. Not because the cinch couldn't hold it but it is for sure too thin for the Vedder clip.

Ethanabram4 03-28-2019 07:08 AM

I haven't tried Kore essentials or tactical belts yet. I like to wear Chief supply's leather gun belt which I purchased from Exclusive coupons. Their accessories are too stylish and comfortable to wear.