Streamlight TLR 1 vs TLR 1 HL (Indoor and Outdoor) - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #21

Mighty_Barbell .22
Not being an ass at all, that is a great suggestion and it is absolutely on my list of things to get. Where I am, we have a LGS with an amazing layaway plan so I intend on putting an AR on layaway soon, however, my concern is the same as with my Walthers: intruder breaks in with deadly intent, a weapon has to be used, it is taken. So I could either lose a $180 shotgun or a $500+ pistol or AR (if I get an AR it is probably going to be a decent one).

As far as taking the time to become proficient, I can put in as much time as I can put in as with any other weapon I have which is whatever free time I can dedicate.

Sorry for taking this thread in another direction but am just curious. Either way I will eventually get a light as it would be especially useful for rifles.
Mighty_Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #22

UrHero .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Barbell View Post
Not being an ass at all, that is a great suggestion and it is absolutely on my list of things to get. Where I am, we have a LGS with an amazing layaway plan so I intend on putting an AR on layaway soon, however, my concern is the same as with my Walthers: intruder breaks in with deadly intent, a weapon has to be used, it is taken. So I could either lose a $180 shotgun or a $500+ pistol or AR (if I get an AR it is probably going to be a decent one).

As far as taking the time to become proficient, I can put in as much time as I can put in as with any other weapon I have which is whatever free time I can dedicate.

Sorry for taking this thread in another direction but am just curious. Either way I will eventually get a light as it would be especially useful for rifles.
I get the concern with losing an expensive weapon for potentially a very long time. Quality weapons cost more, but would you rather lose an expensive weapon for a while, or spend less money on one that might not be optimal?

It's just money and time. Suboptimal choices could be life altering

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
UrHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #23

Mighty_Barbell .22
I see your point there. I guess my only concern would be losing my PPQ m1 or p99c, Walther discontinuing production/distribution (at least here in the states) and never being able to get one again.

I guess that isn't as big a concern with the AR or shotgun. In any event, this is unnecessary worry anyway because the odds of even being in that situation is so slim and if it were to happen I am sure that would be the least of my concerns anyway.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #24
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Barbell View Post
I see your point there. I guess my only concern would be losing my PPQ m1 or p99c, Walther discontinuing production/distribution (at least here in the states) and never being able to get one again.

I guess that isn't as big a concern with the AR or shotgun. In any event, this is unnecessary worry anyway because the odds of even being in that situation is so slim and if it were to happen I am sure that would be the least of my concerns anyway.
Yep, now you hit the nail on the head. One's life is waaaaay more important than the price of a PPQ or P99C.
Mighty_Barbell likes this.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #25

Mattiooo .22
I think if I'm buying a weapon for home defense, I want the best quality I can afford, and the best option for my situation.

The whole reason I'm buying it is for the unlikely event I need it. But if I do need it, I want something that will save me. I'm not worried about losing it after I needed it.

I have a home defense weapon. I train with it. I have a bunch of other weapons I use for competition, recreation, or I just like and enjoy shooting and I chose them for those reasons. I shoot those way more than my HD weapon.
surrealone likes this.
Mattiooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #26

Mighty_Barbell .22
Yes this is all true and I feel ridiculous even worrying about it now. I might slap a good light on my Q and call it a day. Maybe get a shotgun down the road when I have more time to go into the mountains and enjoy it.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #27

Mattiooo .22
Not to mention, if you're using your PPQ for an HD weapon and worry about it being held for a while after an incident, I can't think of a better excuse to give my wife for buying another PPQ than that.
Mighty_Barbell likes this.
Mattiooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:34 PM   #28

Mighty_Barbell .22
I know the tlr 1 and x300 are purposefully suppose to protrude but it seems like it is particularly bad on the PPQ. Like they just won’t sit back as far as they should. Mattiooos is the best I have seen but every other picture looks like they sit too far forward. Does anyone know what I am trying to say?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #29

Mighty_Barbell .22
Mattiooo you were dead on about the p320 key. I went ahead and bought the HL and I love it. For everyone who comments about the excessive lumens I do see your point. If you wake up and have white walls in a narrow hallway this could be blinding but if you train to keep it pointed down and use the fill I think all is well.

Iím very happy with it and second that the p320 key is the key to use for the ppq.
Mattiooo and UrHero like this.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #30

amar711 .22
Anyone ever use a head mounted light instead of a handheld or weapon mounted light? I’m thinking it’d not only illuminate in front of me but also allow me to see the sights without the need for night sights or fiber optic sights. Is my newb thinking off?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC0BBD4A-0BD5-4695-91D7-8E17D1FB9B0B_1570906278065.jpg (90.3 KB, 3 views)
amar711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Gear, Gadgets, Tactics and Training

Search tags for this page

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.