WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 04:14 AM   #51

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsport302 View Post
Ummm, at the risk of getting slapped by UE or Steve, I must say, you don't know jack about guns.

Umm, tenifer IS nitriding, basically.

And I want you to show me written statements from ANY gun manufacturer stating to change trigger bars "every so often"...

How old are you, anyway?
I believe Jennings advocates for periodic trigger bar changes.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-02-2018, 04:47 AM   #52

socrates007 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.
halfmoonclip likes this.
socrates007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 AM   #53

socrates007 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
....The PPS M2 trigger was Ok but not PPQish and the capacity of only 6 was a deal breaker just like my G43 which I like but the 6 round mag is the limiting factor....
This is exactly why I do not believe that you know much about guns. When you show this level of blatant ignorance, then it is very hard for me to take you seriously. I doubt if you ever actually owned a PPS M2.
socrates007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #54

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates007 View Post
I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.
Glad I could brighten your day.
socrates007 likes this.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #55

marathonrunner Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsport302 View Post
Ummm, at the risk of getting slapped by UE or Steve, I must say, you don't know jack about guns.

Umm, tenifer IS nitriding, basically.

And I want you to show me written statements from ANY gun manufacturer stating to change trigger bars "every so often"...

How old are you, anyway?
Tunderbird, it's none of your business regarding my age son. Secondly, the trigger bar replacement was a suggestion by a glock armorer among other things listed below. He said the trigger bar does not wear but where it mates with the connector can.

Glock just changed their coating from Tennifer to Nitrade and from all accounts Nitrade is a better finish.

The Ultimate Guide To Glock Preventative Maintenance and Scheduled Parts Replacements | Prepared Gun Owners
marathonrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #56

marathonrunner Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates007 View Post
This is exactly why I do not believe that you know much about guns. When you show this level of blatant ignorance, then it is very hard for me to take you seriously. I doubt if you ever actually owned a PPS M2.
Well then you are plain stupid then because its conjecture. I really don't care what you believe or don't believe because either way it does not effect my life except what is on this forum.

Why would I lie that I owned a PPS M2? I got rid of it because the trigger was not as good as the PPQ and the 6 round capacity was too little. The same reason pretty much my G43 that I own but never carry.

Anyway not wasting anymore time with you trolls. Can't have a serious discussion or a meaningful one with snowlfakes
Old 02-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #57

marathonrunner Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
Thungerbird is a troll for sure. I wasn't aware that Jennings recommended that but I do know the mating between I believe the connector and the trigger bar with heavy use can wear down to levels unsafe. and I have read on other forums trigger bars breaking completely in half.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #58

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
Why would I lie that I owned a PPS M2? I got rid of it because the trigger was not as good as the PPQ and the 6 round capacity was too little. The same reason pretty much my G43 that I own but never carry.
The PPS M2 comes with a six round and a seven round magazine in the box, eight round magazine available.

Pearce grip extensions increasing the capacity of the 43 magazines are available also.
socrates007 likes this.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #59
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Okay, people, I'm about one post away from shutting down this thread. This is getting way out of hand.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:27 PM   #60

marathonrunner Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
The PPS M2 comes with a six round and a seven round magazine in the box, eight round magazine available.

Pearce grip extensions increasing the capacity of the 43 magazines are available also.
yes that is very true but me personally yes I know some had very good experience with these, others had issues. Me personally even if pierce works 100%, the only 2 round extension I would trust would be OEM. This is kind of like the glock connectors. The only connector I would trust would be Glock's own OEM -4.5 connector. Too many issues with ghost. Some worked, others did not.

But the biggest reason I would not get a two round pierce for the Glock 26 is becuase it would then be exactly same size as Glock 19 but shorter barrel. The only gun I seen and can attest to where you can insert a 15 round mag and still be very small is the P320 subcompact. My P320 has a 12 round flush mag and when I insert the P320 Compact 15 rounder it is still very small. I think the steel mag allows it to be slimmer than say a Glock that has a metal sleeve inside a polymer shell.

My Glock 43 there is a 4 round extended grip and because that pistol fits hand perfectly, I may entertain a 4 round extended with extensive testing but most likely the 6 round flush is a no go for me. My standard for 9mm is 12 rounds minimum or 13 like the Mod2. Anything lesss like a 10 round mag might as well just carry Glock 30S

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time