TANFOGLIO .22
MAB PA-15 9Para

Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 PM  

RickJZ Unproven
very nice pistol. A quality weapon!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM  
WALTHER KING

TANFOGLIO .22
The MAB PA-15 (Pistolet Automatique 15, also known as the P-15 or P.15 Standard) was designed by the Manufacture d'armes de Bayonne. The model number, 15, refers to the magazine capacity. When introduced, this was the first pistol holding a greater number of rounds than the 13-round Browning Hi-Power. The PA-15 was introduced in 1966 along with a short-lived 8-round version with a straight stack magazine, the P-8. The PA-15 was designed for commercial sale, primarily for export as French laws severely restrict the possession of "military-caliber" arms (which include the ubiquitous 9mm). The pistols were proofed at the St Etienne proof house and many were exported to the US. Early pistols are blued, later ones Parkerized. There was a competition version called the P-15 F1. This version had a longer slide and barrel (150mm), and an adjustable rear sight. While the French armed forces did not adopt the PA-15, the Army, Air Force (Armée de l'Air) and the Gendarmerie bought limited quantities of the competition model under the designation Pistolet Automatique de Précision (PAP) Modèle F1. When the French Gendarmerie was looking for a double-action pistol with a high magazine capacity to replace their aging PA 1950s, MAB produced an experimental model of the PA-15 with double-action lockwork. However, the Gendarmerie instead procured a license to manufacture the Beretta 92F as the MAS G-1, and the double-action PA-15 was not commercially produced. Outside France, in the 1970s the Finnish military and some police forces adopted the PA-15.

When the Manufacture d'armes de Bayonne closed in 1982, all remaining PA-15 parts were sold to a French gunshop, Lechkine Armory (Armurerie Chevasson), which as of 2009 still assembled and sold new PA-15s, and is the sole source for new PA-15 parts.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:27 PM  
MLB

MLB .22
A BHP with a rotating bolt! Very cool.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM  

Deputy .38
I had one of those back in the 80s. It had an import mark on it and was blued steel. Only problem I had was a cracked grip. I got a replacement from Numrich. I ran 50 rounds through it with no malfunctions and recoil was pretty low, probably because it was all steel. The trigger was very smooth and accuracy was quite good. Not sure how it works with HP ammo, but I would have no problems carrying one with FMJ ammo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM  

potmetal .22
I see French MAB pistols at almost every gun show, but they're all .32long. If I ever saw a 9mm, I'd be very interested in it. They don't show up here very often.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Search tags for this page
mab 15 pistol for sale
mab 9mm pistol
mab model pa-15
mab p 15 for sale
mab p15 for sale

mab pa 15

mab pa 15 for sale
mab pa 15 pistol

mab pa-15

mab pa-15 for sale
mab pa15 for sale
mab-15 for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.