WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time

Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Jimbo80

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #1

RaksCity .22
Very rare Mann .32acp pocket pistol

Just picked this up, not really much info on it online. From what Iíve read there was less than 13,000 produced in two different calibers.

It was in production about 1924-1928.
Iím wondering what the value is for this.
I understand that rare doesnít always mean high value.

Spare parts are nonexistent on it so I most likely will not be comparing group sizes with my PPS M2.

I found a website that has some information on it.

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Mann765/mann765.html

If anyone has more info on it let me know.

Last edited by RaksCity; 03-08-2020 at 05:10 PM.
RaksCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #2

Jimbo80 .22
Can't say as I know anything about your particular pistol but as a collector of vest pocket pistols I can give you some thoughts about them in general.

There were dozens of makers of .25 pocket guns from the early to late 1900s. While they have fallen out of favor as carry guns for most people these days there are still some folks out there who love the little guys. In my mind they are still a viable carry option for many people (especially women). They were readily available for many years for less than the cost of a good meal. As to value...In recent years guns like the Baby Browning, Colt 1908, Walther Model 9 have been getting pretty good money. Off brands not so much. The lack of info online is a clue that your gun probably falls in the latter category. The last VP I bought was a "Martian" which is a version of JMB's 1905. I gave less than $150 for it. The sum of the parts could be greater than the value of the whole. Original mags and grips from the 20's can get pretty pricey for any gun.
GeoNole94 and ronin11 like this.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #3

RaksCity .22
Thanks for the insight!

I see magazines and grips on gunbroker for that model listed for more than what I paid for the pistol. They are intresting guns for sure.

I remember years ago at a pawn shop I had seen a pair of Colt 1903ís selling for $250 a piece. Iíd wish I would have bought them then. They are selling well over that price these days.
RaksCity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #4

Jimbo80 .22
The 1903 has really skyrocketed in price over the last few years. Anyone that has shot one knows why. I got mine for $300 and wouldn't sell it for twice that. I also have 1908 with the same year of manufacture (1921). I regularly carry the 1908.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:05 AM   #5

halfmoonclip .22
Carried a 950 Beretta in .25ACP (had a .22 iteration for a trainer) some years back.

There are some neat little guns in the caliber. There are some POS as well; can we say 'Raven'?
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:46 AM   #6

brucemc@bendnet.com .22
Impossible to find? No. Difficult to find? Yes. There is a set of grips for this gun on eBay, $115.00.
brucemc@bendnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Free Range Time