old thread - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #21

stagz .22
I am certain that if you wanted to add new information to an old thread no one would mind. But you are just asking the same question that was already answered, which doesn't promote the facts. The facts were already made clear, and if there are new facts the people that have them will post them without you prompting them.

i can't add new information because it is closed,

if there are new facts the people that have them will post them without you prompting them.

who's to say i didn't have any new facts, (the people) includes me, does it not

and the forum is moderated so bandwidth isn't taken

This is the most logical answer i have gotten on this whole post,

I am certain that if you wanted to add new information to an old thread no one would mind

thats what i was asking how can any one add new info on a closed form, this can't be the only closed form , the question was asked about forms not the content

Last edited by stagz; 10-02-2017 at 04:17 PM.
stagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #22

Handy .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagz View Post
I am certain that if you wanted to add new information to an old thread no one would mind. But you are just asking the same question that was already answered, which doesn't promote the facts. The facts were already made clear, and if there are new facts the people that have them will post them without you prompting them.

i can't add new information because it is closed,

if there are new facts the people that have them will post them without you prompting them.

who's to say i didn't have any new facts, (the people) includes me, does it not

and the forum is moderated so bandwidth isn't taken

This is the most logical answer i have gotten on this whole post,
The thread was closed after you posted in it, correct? Did you post some new information?

If you have new information, post a new thread with it. It would be most welcome.

You seem to have a bizarre idea that some sort of censorship is going on, when absolutely no information has been deleted or blocked in any way. All that's happened is that an old thread has been closed because you posted something of no value to it, which means that a more current thread got bumped off the bottom of the page to make room for your pointless post.

Do you get why that would be really annoying if that happened all the time?
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #23
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
We're now 23 posts and 3 pages into a topic of closed threads, the reasons for which such closures may occur having already been listed.

Now, imagine how all this time and energy would have been better spent had a new thread just been started, especially after the question of closure had already been addressed.
Pilotsteve likes this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #24

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Exclamation

There's this thing called reading comprehension.....if it was present, OP wouldn't have had to start this thread, in regards to the other thread, as the info he sought was clearly, concisely, and most definitely stated therein.

But yet the verbiage continues, and for what, I can't say.

To wit, I too own TWO, that's 2, the number or quantity greater than one, lesser than three first year made PPQ. That's 2011. Both have/had the transponder marked backstrap. Neither have, had, or ever will have the RFID chip. They didn't come to the states with them, and a well educated guess is that they're simply a holdover from the P99Q as it was designed to be a police only model, and as such, would have non-civilian features.

Since the 'straps were common to both the P99Q and the PPQ (indeed, the PPQ is simply a P99Q with a SAO trigger and no decock function), it stands to good reason they'd use up the existing stock of "transponder backstraps"..

Old 10-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #25
Administrator

admin .22
A thread can get closed for different reasons:

- It is old and the issue/inquiry was resolved

- posts go off topic and/or arguments escalate to a hostile environment (offending member included will face consequences whether issued infractions, temp or perm ban)

- sometimes the OP (original poster) will send us a PM requesting to close their thread as they no longer wish to have new posts

Hope that answers your question, @stagz. Let us know if you have any more.

Cheers,
Nate
Pilotsteve likes this.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

Search tags for this page

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.