Update Failure - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #11

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Please remove Cloudflare, send it back to who ever you purchased it from, demand a refund and tell em' their software sucks. I wonder if the programmers are the same ones that wrote the software for the Boeing 737-8 Max?
Oh no! Had a horrible thought. They either trashed the prior system or all the data!
chandler5566 is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #12
Administrator

admin .22
Hello there,

Unfortunately, there aren't any plans on rolling back on this.
As Niall stated, this is to provide an optimum experience for both logged in users and guests. It is also used to prevent ddos attacks from happening.
If you do not want to log in every time you visit the site, I would recommend clicking on "remember me". This will have your account stay logged in anytime you visit the forum.

Ed
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #13

chandler5566 .22
Apparently we have a communication problem. The issue is not the software used rather what the settings have done to disrupt what was a member friendly process. Your suggestion of selecting "remember me" has its own potential security issues for both the member as well as the site. Your system is anything but an optimum experience.....it slows the members down when they are looking for latest posts to a thread they are following. That takes a few seconds and then they can log in or move on.....but it's their choice.....not something you force them into.
chandler5566 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #14
Administrator

admin .22
We're not forcing anything to do anything. We're looking after our sore membership which is logged in users. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Niall
admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues