• 1 Post By PPS1980
  • 2 Post By les.b
  • 2 Post By 03hemi
  • 1 Post By PPS1980

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

PPS1980 .22
Thanks to the mods for being....human

Just had another irritating experience at a forum populated by alter kakers. Serious control and rigidity issues and "infractions" for tons of stuff. If they didn't have more knowledgeable people about revolvers than any other forum I'd forego the "privilege" of visiting.

The take-away for me is that this forum is run by human beings who act like adults. Of course there are times that moderation is needed but every day somebody gets edited, infracted, or temporarily or permanently barred from that place for stuff we all expect to happen routinely.

So, thanks for making this a place for adults.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #2

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Thumbs up

And having an understanding of human nature goes a long way too. SOme of us have had a bad day, or are going through some life stuff and we may come off as abrasive or irritable or plain grouchy. I don't let it bother me, and if it's too much at times, I can click the little x in the top right and make it go away for as long as I want LOL.

But I know what you mean about too-heavy-handed moderation too. Four Eyed Pride drove me away when I mentioned I'd have to put an '89 dash into my '84 Mustang due the previous owner taking it out and throwing it away.

They threatened me with the ban hammer, and I told them to go get bent if they were going to ban ME over what I wanted/needed to do with MY car.

It's not as if it were one of three or four made and extremely rare and valuable...it's a run of the mill of V6 car with with no motor and a gutted interior.

So I left and never went back. Eff 'em with a 2x4 and a smile.

This place is pretty laid back and I like it. Even though there are some that cry about politics not being allowed. If you want to see that ****, go get on FB, it's all over there and it's about to make me delete my account.

Sure as hell don't want to see it here, even if it's got it's own subforum.
I came here to read about gun stuff, not about idiots who are in the pockets of other idiots. So yeah, thanks from me too for all that you guys do behind the scenes.
UniversalExports likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Pudge .22
No need using up bandwidth to express the same above feelings. Well said PPS1980 and Thunderbirdsport302. So i will simply add my thanks as well.

Pudge
Pudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #4

PPS1980 .22
I've decided that unless I have a pressing need for revolver info I'm just not willing to put up with the BS over on S&W forum any longer. Some nice old guys over there but the mods all seem to have a 2x4 up their asses.
les.b likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #5
Supporting Member

les.b .22
Hey, PPS1980!! I hang out over at the S&W forum as well... I for one think you have always had some very well thought out and well informed posts over there. I was just looking at a thread covering 03hemi's Walther PPK/S, and you made some great posts...as a side note, you, me, Absalom, 03hemi are all members at both places.

Anyway, I sure didn't see any objectionable stuff in any of your posts.

Hey, am I one of those "nice old guys"???.... Just kidding....

Don't let the mods get you down, I've been dinged plenty of times myself, but I have learned a lot over there (and on the Colt forum, and am starting to learn here as well...).
PPS1980 and 03hemi like this.
Walther Forum Member
Colt Collectors Association Member
SWCA 3084, SWHF 495, PGCA 3064
les.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #6

03hemi .22
Hey I live with one foot in and one foot out the door at the S&W forum, but like les eluded to, they're some really smart guys over there that really know their stuff so I just put up with the mods. The way I look at it is it's their house, their rules, if I don't like it, I can take my toys and go home. However, the feedback I get is invaluable to me and it looks like ya'll have the same kind of experts on board here too, plus I love the banter. I'm also sick of the politics BS as well, so glad it's not here either.
PPS1980 and les.b like this.
03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #7

PPS1980 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Hey, PPS1980!! I hang out over at the S&W forum as well... I for one think you have always had some very well thought out and well informed posts over there. I was just looking at a thread covering 03hemi's Walther PPK/S, and you made some great posts...as a side note, you, me, Absalom, 03hemi are all members at both places.

Anyway, I sure didn't see any objectionable stuff in any of your posts.

Hey, am I one of those "nice old guys"???.... Just kidding....

Don't let the mods get you down, I've been dinged plenty of times myself, but I have learned a lot over there (and on the Colt forum, and am starting to learn here as well...).
Thanks. I've gotten 3 dings over there when I've gotten a total of 0 anywhere else in all my time posting. They're power crazed and frankly rather infantile about things and I'm tired of self-editing perfectly appropriate posts, rethinking what I'm writing to suit their puritanical idea of what it appropriate, and am just not that into revolvers anyway.
les.b likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Feedback, Comments and Issues

Search tags for this page

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.