Roll Pin Issues - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions > FAQ: Walther General Discussion

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #11

m4a1sof .22
Funny mine walked out from right to left. On the bright side this must be a fairly rare occurrence as I would have thought more people would have posted about this by now if it was systemic to the PPQ. Make sure they don't send you a refurbished slide like they did me, tell them you want a new one marked like mine in the photo above. So far it's been 100%, no more walking pin or jams.
PPQ M2 .22
P99c AS 9mm
m4a1sof is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #12

geodirk .22
So Walther Customer Service sent me a new roll pin after I contacted them. Their obvious step number one... I finally was able to get it installed and over the weekend hit the range again. Sure enough, after about 100 rounds the new roll pin had crept out about 1-2 mm again off the right side. It was very close to no longer having contact with the slide's frame. I beat it back in and finished shooting another 100. It is once again sticking out another 1-3 mm...

I'm going to follow up with Walther's again on this obviously as I can't be expected to have to beat in the pin after every 100 rounds. We shall see how they respond.

- GeoDirk

Update - Customer Service replied back within the hour and want to have me send in the slide for them to "look" at.

Last edited by geodirk; 08-15-2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: update
geodirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #13

geodirk .22
I received a brand new slide from Walter as a replacement. Only took 1.5 weeks to get it back from when I sent it in. I'm a happy camper again! Just in time for my trip to Idaho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Old 08-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #14

m4a1sof .22
Good deal, they didn't try to screw you over like they did me when they initially sent me a refurbished slide that was in worse shape than the one I sent them. Is it marked liked the picture I posted in my post #8? The serial number on mine is PPR00029, another forum member with the same problem got serial number PPR00030, it would be interesting to know what the serial number of the slide they sent you is, if you don't mind posting it.
PPQ M2 .22
P99c AS 9mm
Old 08-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #15

geodirk .22
They are working backwards through their stock. I got PPR00027

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #16

Bret .22
I was shooting my 40S&W PPQ and noticed that my thumb was starting to hurt. I looked down and saw blood.

I then found the source of my injury. A roll pin at the rear of the pistol has started to walk its way out to the left.
[img]https://s16.postimg.org/deyszg839/PPQ_Walking_Roll_Pin.jpg[/quote]

I'm wondering if a roll pin walking out pretty much means that the part with the pin going through it need to be replaced. Has anyone who had a roll pin walk out able to solve the problem by just punching it back in? Or, has anyone solved their problem by replacing the roll pin?
Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #17
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Drive the pin all the way out, clean the pin and the hole with some naptha (lighter fluid), put a drop of red loctite on the pin and drive it back in. Unless the hole is vastly oversize, that should be the end of it.

It's a lot easier than all this back-and-forth with Fort Smith.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:56 AM   #18

m4a1sof .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
I'm wondering if a roll pin walking out pretty much means that the part with the pin going through it need to be replaced. Has anyone who had a roll pin walk out able to solve the problem by just punching it back in? Or, has anyone solved their problem by replacing the roll pin?
First thing I did was remove the old pin, clean the pin and hole, applied Loctite and using the correct roll pin punch put it back in, didn't work. Then got Walther to send me a new roll pin, repeat of above, didn't work. So I sent the slide to them, they sent me a refurbished slide back, didn't work. So I sent them the whole gun, they sent my gun back with a brand new slide, finally worked, YMMV.
PPQ M2 .22
P99c AS 9mm
Old 10-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #19
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Roll pins are hardware-store shelf items. They come in both SAE and metric sizes. Unless some part is pivoting on the pin, it won't hurt to switch to the other standard that provides a slightly larger size.

M

P.S. Or substitute a solid pin. This is not rocket science. In general, roll pins, being compressible and with an open edge, make lousy pivots.

Walther used to fix solid pins in place on air guns by staking one end lengthwise on the long side, to raise a line-like burr. This end was driven in last.

Make it a point to strip usable pins off any discarded piece of equipment and keep them in a box. Some of hardest and the best are needle bearings removed from automobile universal joints. I've used them for years; on foreign cars they are metric.

Last edited by MGMike; 10-16-2016 at 12:26 PM.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #20

1917-1911M .38
With due respect to Mr. Chandler..... I was a bit dubious about a sticky regarding roll pins......I mean....roll pins. But, time has proved this to turn into a topic of importance regardless of my skepticism....my humblest apologies...because "if my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably"...well some of you know the rest. M1911
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions > FAQ: Walther General Discussion

Search tags for this page
need walther ccp m2 9mm firing pin parts
pins shearing in walther ccp
removing walther ccp 9mm firing pin spring
roll pin for walther ppq .222lr slide
roll pin quality issues
walther 32 gsp firing rool pin
walther ccp 9mm roll pin sizes
walther ccp lost roll pin

walther ccp roll pin in slide broken

walther ccp roll pin tools
walther ccp slide pin shears off
walther ppq 22 roll pin coming out
Click on a term to search for related topics.