Walther Arms Q&A Session - Marth 26th @ 8PM CST - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions > FAQ: Walther General Discussion

Like Tree69Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #21

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundevil827 View Post
Mark,

I get the feeling that you will have multiple questions about the PPQ, so I'll let others ask those questions. I got into shooting as a sport, USPSA/IPSC and to a lesser extent IDPA, so that is where my question is coming from. Does Walther have any plans to get involved with shooting sponsorship, I would think it would be a natural when the 5" PPQ get's unveiled. Or, is this not something on the radar at this time?

Another question: Are there plans to expand the amount of Walther distributors here in the U.S.? There are a couple of local gun stores who simply do not carry Walther at all. While I understand that every store carries what they perceive to be items that make money for them, but will Walther be looking to expand the amount of stores that distribute? While I seem to spend time in gun stores (not quite sure how that happens...) I admit that I dont know much about the process of product placement in the industry. At a recent local "grand re-opening" of a local store/range, they had reps from H&K, S&W, Kahr, Springfield, Beretta, Sig and others, and I was bummed to see no Walther presence. Is that something in the future you'd be involved with, or are there, or will there be rep's who handle things like that?

3/26 Edit
I had to edit in a "thanks", I thought I put in there earlier, but it was in the e-store thread! Seriously though, thank you for doing this, it's involvement with the community that is rarely seen, and definitely needed. It makes owners feel like they their voice can be heard. In all honesty I'm not expecting radical marketing changes, "insider" info, or answers to every question with a degree of detail that some folks may want. Personally, my expectations are to see some interaction, and hear an outline of plans for Walther Arms future, and I look forward to it. Really, thank you for taking he time to do this.
Sundevil…THANKS!
We sell through distributors who then sell to dealers. We have four national sales rep organizations and any FFL can buy through a distributor with proper credit. Frankly, in the past Walther wasn’t pushed so we are playing catch up. I can tell you from trade conversations…a lot of excitement about Walther, but we are the best known “startup” in history. Walther is booming in sales so the penetration will come…slowly. On the marketing and sponsorship questions, pretty much the same thing…this first year we are doing the blocking and tackling…advertising, merchandising, trade promotions, PR, etc.. We are setting the state for sponsorships and getting on a level playing field…I started on November 2nd…since then we have completed two catalogs, a website, a new products video, booths for the SHOT Show, NRA and 20 distributor shows and several point of purchase displays…and Monday the ecommerce site launch…we are on step 9 and we want to be with you guys….on Step 23
Register
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #22

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Greetings, Mark. It's terrific of you to take the time to visit with us ... and nice to have Walther's presence not only on this forum but in the USA as well -- outside the confines of Houlten, of course.

Some clarification about Umarex vs. Walther and which plant makes which pistols would be appreciated. It's a frequent question that we see here, likely because there seems to be a great deal of difference in quality between what comes out of Ulm and what comes out of Koln. Any comments you have would be most helpful.
We make all centerfire pistols in Ulm, Germany…so PPQ, P99 AS and C, PPX, PPS, etc…. In Arnsberg, Germany we make all the PK 380s but primarily rimfire guns so P22 and the tactical rimfire replicas for Colt, H&K and UZI. Smith & Wesson still makes PPK and PPK/S due to the 1968 gun laws so we can’t import those
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #23

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by HES View Post
Mark, Thanks for stepping up to answer and thank you to the organizers. My thoughts track with Sundevil's. I've got a ton of PPQ M2 questions as well. However he hits on the bigger piece..MARKETING. I too am curious as to Walther's marketing and sponsorship plans. You have with the PPQ M1 and M2 a fantastic product that I feel is better than anything out there right out of the box. How are you guys going to get the word out? I know that you can't give specifics, but I'm curious if you guys have anything brewing. But besides organizations like IPSC and IDPA, will you be reaching out to the local gun shops to promote your products? Traveling vendor weekends perhaps? I want to see you succeed for a variety of very selfish reasons; I want to see after market support out there. I like betting on winning horses. I like the idea of a quality option for increased consumer choice.

Finally I have an additional concern that I hope you can answer, Q&A and commitment to customer service. I have never dealt with Walther for either issue. Have you all planned for growth so that neither of those two areas suffer?

I look forward to tomorrow.
Customer service is a priority…we have made a commitment to turn guns in 48 hours….I think we are around 72. We did have a glitch in the new website that we just found out about last week…the Customer service emails were going to a dead email…we have rectified that so responses should improve. Let’s make sure we are all on the same page…good customer service is giving accurate and responsive information and feedback. Because you don’t get the answer you want..doesn’t mean its bad customer service….these are unique times, we are new..and we are/have made mistakes. We are trying to do the best we can.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #24

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
Could the PPS get a PPQ style trigger (even if set to a bit higher trigger pull)?

Trigger pull is very personal and subjective….we get a lot of people who love the PPS trigger pull…we have no current plans to change the spec on that gun.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #25

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdocz View Post
Hi Mark,
Thank you again for joining our forum and discouraging with us. Any chance Walther will continue with the .45acp version of the P99? I have a SW99 in .45acp but would love to add a Walther version to my herd. Cheers!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
I came from Kimber…a big 1911 and .45 ACP fan…..We need broaden our portfolio and make Walther important to distributors and dealers like the major brand and product expansion is the best way to do that….I hope you can understand…I monitor my competitor forums…so I can divulge what we are planning or where we are headed….but man…..is it a good place.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #26

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisg View Post
Mark.
I look forward to the Town Hall tonight. I will most likely just look, listen and learn. One comment I have regarding your new Walther Arms website vis a vis Facebook and other social media sites. I don't use Facebook. I look for my answers or updates from your website or direct contact to Customer Service. I hope you will consider a FAQ section that pulls together the most asked questions or allows Walther to address issues that are appropriate for that venue.

Secondly, I have sent 2 or 3 emails to your "Customer Service" desk and never received a response. I get the " we got your message and we'll get back to you" answer. No one ever responds. I normally ask my questions via email and not over the phone. To me, getting it in writing, allows me to save the answer or follow up based on a previous response from Walther.

I hope the Customer Service track record improves. Take care of the customer and the word gets out. Look forward to tonight.
DennisG
So you know, I have no issue sharing our Social Media strategy. We direct people through Twitter to either the website or Facebook. We engage you and non-Walther fans through Facebook and hopefully direct them to the website for education and an eventual sale. We have a great, smart web guy who runs Facebook who is also new to the company, but an avid gun guy and experience with social media in many different industries…he is why we have advanced as fast as we can. We will also become more active on YouTube…..Twitter is run by me…and not very well…that is an area for improvement….but my basket is full…just sayin… Please note the other posts on customer service
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #27

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duke View Post
Hi Mark,

I am wanting to know about the future plans of the PPK (and .380 PPK/S). Is the .32 permanently removed from the line-up? I, as well as many others would love to see a Blued steel .32 PPK offered - I think many would sell, as it is the "actual" James Bond model - and .32 is nice in the PPK. I would buy one today. And while I'm wishing, maybe a factory threaded barrel .380 blued PPK that would take a 9mm suppressor?

Until May 30th will PPK 380s shipped from S&W still have the S&W roll mark on the ejector side? Will PPKs be roll marked "Walther Arms" after May 30th? Will Walther Arms revert to the original style beavertail or keep the extended beavertail that S&W implemented? Again, I think most here on the forum would prefer to see the PPK revert to the original beavertail - I know I would prefer it.

Lastly, are there plans to move production of the PPK to Fort Smith, or will S&W continue production in Maine for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your time.
We currently are not selling .32 caliber pistols…the sales and commitments simply were not there. There are no plans..right now..to bring them back. Smith and Wesson…we had a partnership until Jan 1st this year…we are now competitors and partners as they make some for us….we make some for them. We took over all service on Jan 1st….S & W is still selling the PPK, PPK/S, PK 380 and P22 until May 1st. Guns are already coming in from Germany with the Fort Smith, AR marking. All guns will contain that after May 1…..
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #28

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddbrowne View Post
Mark :

It has been six months since the PK380 recall notice was issued.
All owners have a right to know exactly what was the cause of the recall;
and not just the general statements.

The recall is clearly stated on our website and I am happy to report we are almost caught up from the back log. Here’s the issue.
Walther has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger is pulled, despite engagement of the manual safety. Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled.

DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT INVOLVED:
This recall applies to Walther PK380, .380 ACP pistols manufactured by Carl Walther GmbH from May, 2012 to September, 2012, and which have a Serial Number ranging from
PK 101201 to PK 112155

Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #29

markevanthomas Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501st View Post
Mark,

Does Walther plan to release a compact version of the PPQ like they did with the P99?

Does Walther have any plans to make a .45ACP (or other calibers) pistol (perhaps in the PPQ series)?

Does Walther plant to continue manufacturing the P99 in its various forms for the foreseeable future or will there be significant changes/discontinuations in the P99 lineup?

And finally regarding the PPQ M1/paddle style release: So far you have said that it is still being produced for sale in the US (which would mean that my gunshop should be able to order it, right?) and a final decision will be reached on its fate soon. Obviously there are many factors in this decision, but I would ask that should the decision be made to discontinue production of the PPQ M1, that Walther considers offering the PPQ M1 as a special order option? Like the way Smith and Wesson does with certain firearms and its performance center.

If HK can succeed with its paddle style release on its P30/HK45 series of handguns (which sell at significantly higher prices than other polymer pistols on the market) I don't see why Walther can't succeed with the PPQ M1 in the USA. Considering the word of mouth sales and promotional videos done by various Youtube firearm channels (Nutnfancy, Hickok 45, Military Arms Channel, faliaphotography and Colion Noir,) it would seem that Walther shouldn't have any trouble selling the PPQ M1 alongside the PPQ M2.

Thank you for taking the time to set up this Q/A session and answer our questions, we appreciate it.
I really can’t comment on new products as explained above…and we have exhausted the PPQ M1 answers. We do appreciate your support and there are many options as you have suggested open to us that are still VERY active.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #30

markevanthomas Unproven
Okay.....all the answers for the pre submitted questions...be a bit slower now
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions > FAQ: Walther General Discussion

Search tags for this page
comments on walther customer service
future plans for walther m2 line

is walther arms ppk s using smith and wesson extended beaver tail design

walther allocated

walther arms

walther arms ship dates

walther get a grip shirt

walther pk380 review hickok45
walther ppx vs p99

walther? ppx m1 centerfire pistol

when did s&w take over walther arms marketing
why do some pk 380s have ft. smith ar. on the side of slide and some h
Click on a term to search for related topics.