WATCH OUT FOR "German Guns" - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Trading Post / Parts Bin > FAQ: Trading Post

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #1

Sonny Boy .22
WATCH OUT FOR "German Guns"

Watch out for this company: http://www.germanguns.de/exportindex.htm.

The Owner is a guy called Claus. I ordered some P88 magazines and a set of wood grips for the same gun on 8/18/09. He refused to take a CC or MO and said the money had to be wired to his personal account. That should have been a warning, but...

I have sent him several emails asking where are the products I ordered and he only said the items were shipped. I asked on at least four occasions for the shipper name and tracking number and he has refused to provide it.

I said that if he cannot provide a shipped and tracking number to send back my money. His response was, that it was delivered and how dare I ask for my money back and a refusal to provide the shipper and tracking number.

Any suggestions on how to put pressure on him in Germany? It is not so much the money now as the principal and trying to stop him from selling in the USA!

This guy is a complete rip off. STAY CLEAR.
Register
Old 11-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
This might be the second complaint we've seen registered on the forum regarding Claus and GermanGuns. Many forum members have dealt successfully with him in the past, myself included, and have highly recommended his operation to others. I'm not sure what's going on in this case, of course, and I'm not doubting Sonny Boy's report, but I would suggest that perhaps some form of miscommunication (language?) is afoot here that has escalated things to this level.

Has anyone out there established a reasonable relationship with Claus at this point who could volunteer to mediate?

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #3

Sonny Boy .22
Not a commmunication problem.

Thanks for the reply and support.

A gentleman from Nill-Griffe http://www.nill-griffe.com/ (great company) also called this guy and asked what was up. Nill-Griffe sold me some grips and I thought they would speak German and maybe would call. I can't believe they did it. He said the guy was pretty nervous, said he mailed the products to me, no tracking number, but was now going to file a lost report.

Nill-Griffe also sent me a link to http://ec.europa.eu/information_soci...e/index_en.htm
which is to file complaints for overseas purchases.

So maybe with your help and the call from Nill-Griffe this will break loose. Big High Five to Nill-Griffe.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Thanks for that update, Sonny, and the fresh material it contains. Let's hope that Claus comes through with that bit of pressure applied in his direction. Must say that I'm surprised; he has been a reliable supplier for a long time now. I can recall only one other instance reported on the forum regarding his operation and many many more success stories.

Please keep us posted on the matter. We will want to update our links regarding GermanGuns if this doesn't quickly break your way.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 11-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #5

Sonny Boy .22
Anthother Rip Off!

searcher451,

We here is another guy Claus has ripped off. Almost the same scam. He is a real treat.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...782#post837782
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #6

Sonny Boy .22
Here is the link for complaints:

http://ec.europa.eu/information_soci...e/index_en.htm
Old 11-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
We appreciate the updates one again, Sonny. Let's make it clear here at this point foward that folks who decide to deal with GermanGuns should, for the time being, at least, be cautious at a minimum in conducting business with Claus.

Sorry to see this happen, Sonny Boy. Be sure to keep us updated as you move toward resolution; let's hope that it's both quick and favorable.

You have to be logged into the HK site for the link to work, by the way, in your post in No. 5 above.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 11-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #8

Sonny Boy .22
HK Post

Thanks for the note on a sighn in. Here is the Quote from the other HK Member jbubba57:

BEGIN QUOTE:
"This is the same guy that I have my problem with: http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...hlight=customs

I bought 3 HK 300 WMR magazines from him by wire transfer. They came without a hitch real fast and are brand new factory original HK magazines. Perfect transaction.

Then I bought 7 more and again did the wire transfer. This time they didn't come and didn't come, and when I queried him he claimed they had been shipped but maybe they were in US Customs, and he ignored my request for verification, even a shipper name and date, of when they had been sent. Hence my post noted above, about US Customs.

I first found this seller through ISoldMyGun.com, and on that site, the administrator told me that Claus had been blacklisted with them due to questionable credit card or other transactions. Claus explained it to me and it sounded reasonable, and as I really wanted the 3 magazines, I did the first order and just took a chance on losing the money ($70 a pop). After that went well, I didn't worry, and then did the second transaction. To date, I still have never received anything from him or from US Customs, and I wrote it off in my mind way back then. I didn't know we could post such negatives here, as the transaction did not occur here or originate from here, or I would have given the details back with my posting (April 2009). I'm sorry you didn't have my feedback perhaps to consider before you did your transaction, and I have been told that nothing can be done about him.

But I agree totally, stay away from GermanGuns.de and Claus. As far as I'm concerned, if he won't verify the shipment, then he never did it, and it's just his "dodge" to blame things on US Customs or shippers or whatever, or as he told me, "I just sell it, I don't deliver it personally."
END OF QUOTE
pewaukeean likes this.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Good to know. I'm adding a warning note to the link as well.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #10

RickJZ Unproven
I have dealt with claus in the past and never had a problem. He always answered my emails promptly and never experienced an issue with any of the orders I placed. He was one of the best sources for magazines during the years that standard capacity mags were banned.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Trading Post / Parts Bin > FAQ: Trading Post

Search tags for this page
german guns names
germanguns.de
germanguns.de complains
hk 300 wmr
nill griffe shipping times to usa customs
nill griffe usa

nils griffe

searcher451
Click on a term to search for related topics.