Thanks J Madera

That is one nice flock of Walthers!!!

Life NRA member

Concealed Carry: Out of sight, but not out of mind
Dmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-04-2015, 06:45 AM   #92

CFPiepora .22
I bought a new PPS and immediately had a problem with the slide not fully loading a round. If I pushed on the back of the slide with my thumb it fully chambered the round. I field stripped my PPS and found it to be dry as a bone so, I cleaned & oiled with CLP and then did a function test and it worked perfectly. I also bought 4, 8-round magazines to go with the 7 & 8 round the PPS shipped with. I agree that the springs in all of my PPS magazines are insanely strong (much, much stronger than my PPQ) and I almost couldn't load the last round manually. I feel the problem I had was due to the strong magazine springs pushing up on the round being chambered and the rim of the chambering round was slowed down by the next round in the magazine. Oiling the PPS took that problem away, mostly. Never had a new gun that was so tight and shipped so lacking in lube.
Thanks a lot for your post, very helpful and informative.

Last edited by CFPiepora; 10-04-2015 at 06:48 AM.
CFPiepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #93

sabre76 .22
CFPiepora, i'm having similar issues with mine first time out (i had cleaned and lubed it) and will try to put grease on the disconnector. Is your failure to return to battery problem still manifesting itself? Do you think it is a mag spring issue or a disconnector or striker issue?
sabre76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 12:17 AM   #94

leadcounsel .22
Chiming in to show some love for the PPS classic. It's my main single stack carry gun.

My only complaint is about the really dumb designed backstrap disabling feature. In theory this could cause a serious or catastrophic failure if the gun were to be dropped hard on concrete during a struggle or running. Or it could be removed and misplaced or thrown away by accident. Anything to render the gun inoperable like this is stupid. A cable lock is sufficient to make the gun safe from kids.

My work-around on that to more securely keep the part there is to use a small section of bicycle rubber inner tube cut into a sleeve and slid on the grip. Adds nice tactile feel without adding thickness. Looks fine and holds the grip on more securely. I suppose the grip could also be super-glued if one were to be really worried.
leadcounsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:33 PM   #95

CA SURVIVOR .22
there are two types of gun owners in the world. Those who have had negligent discharges and those who will.

that is absolutely BS, maybe you had one and trying to make a fan club, I've been handling firearms since I was 14, I'm 67 now and never came even close to have a ND, and I won't.

on the PPS take mag out, clear the chamber, and take it down like a Glock or MP don't wear out the back strap, do you see other guns with it ? even Walther omitted the removable back strap on the PPS M2, that tell you something doesn't it ?
CA SURVIVOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS > FAQ: PPS

Search tags for this page
dmars pps
dmars pps observations
how to break in a walther pps

pps observations

walther pps accidental discharge

walther pps break in

walther pps break in period

walther pps color
walther pps forum
walther pps observations

walther pps safety

walther quicksafe safety

Click on a term to search for related topics.